Xml
Item Posts   

2000 Pontiac Montana transmission change

| 
2000montana 2000montana
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 04/17/06
02:21 AM

I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana and a few weeks ago my transmission (4T65E) failed so I replaced it with a transmission out of a 2003 Pontiac Aztec.

As far as I can tell the final drive / gear ratios are the same, but I could be mistaken.

I am getting a fault code of P1810 (TFP position sensor) from the PCM and it is also getting torque lockup occasionally.

Apparently sometime in 2002 the TFP *** was updated (TSB #020730050) and I am concerned that my PCM need to be reprogrammed to accommodate this change.

The transmission is in what I presume limp mode and I don’t get top gear. Although on one particular day (just as the first fault code first registered) it was shifting in all gears.

Hopefully you can help with the above problem.  

weaverhome weaverhome
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/20/10
11:41 AM

I have a 2001 Pontiac Montana and just this week my engine intake gasket went bad and it overheated. I replaced with a 2003 Chevy venture engine trans combo. Now I am getting fault code p1810 and it will only shift into gears 1 and 2. Occassionaly it will run through all gears. Did you find a solution?  

jgate-#002 jgate-#002
Guru | Posts: 953 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 08/20/10
12:31 PM

The automatic transmission fluid pressure manual valve position switch has six pressure switches. Ignition voltage is applied to each of the switches. By grounding or opening one or more of these switches, the PCM can detect which gear range is selected.  If the PCM detects an invalid combination of inputs then DTC P1810 sets. If the PCM detects a gear range other than the one indicated, then DTC P1810 sets.
Install a scan tool and monitor the MVP for correct gear selection.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com