New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/15/10
06:53 PM

z  

preacher30673 preacher30673
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/17/10
10:37 AM

I did the same for a 2002 Toyota Camry..Part was only 36.00 at Advance Auto, and it is working fine
No diagnostic test and no labour charges; just did what the above messages said  Laugh  

Rodger3 Rodger3
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/10/10
07:31 AM

After reading the posts on this thread, I finally figured out what was happening with the AC on my 2004 Camry.  The symptoms I experienced were that the AC sometimes worked great but sometimes it would quit cooling and the AC light would begin flashing, particularly after hard acceleration.
This problem was being caused by the AC clutch slipping. As indicated elsewhere in this thread, the AC compressor has a speed signal that is compared to the RPM of the engine, and if these two don't compute properly, the electromagnetic clutch gets disabled by the system and the AC light begins flashing.
The problem with my system was being caused by dirty battery terminals. The AC clutch was not getting enough voltage to keep it firmly engaged and it was therefore slipping during hard acceleration. The system detected this slipping and disabled the clutch to protect it from burning up.  I have been unable do duplicate this problem since the battery terminals were cleaned.  Thanks to everyone for your valuable input.
Rodger3  

jessicamtsu jessicamtsu
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/17/10
03:17 PM

Ok so I was having the same problem. Purchased an a/c compressor relay from autozone and today I removed the battery cables and replaced the relay, hooked everything back up and now my car will start but won't run.
Any suggestions?  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
04:26 PM

jessica..   how did you identify the relay.....

there are a LOT of relays under the hood of cars.. unplug the wrong ones.. the car won't run...

there are also fuses in the relay box...  

jessicamtsu jessicamtsu
04:27 PM

I found the one labeled mg clt with the part number described in this forum.  

jessicamtsu jessicamtsu
04:28 PM

Now it will run with the a/c turned on, but it runs rough. If the a/c turns off, it idles too low and dies.  

jessicamtsu jessicamtsu
04:29 PM

Now it runs if the a/c is turned on, but it runs rough. If the a/c is turned off it idles too low and dies.  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 07/18/10
12:02 AM

there are idle air control valves that control idle speed via signals from the computer..... and a bunch of other stuff that could be wrong...

since some of these cars have drive by wire throttle systems.. you might want to find out how to do a throttle angle relearn.. i am not up on that on newer toyotas..
all of them have CAN.. starting in 1999 or so..
but.. i am not sure what you car actually is...  or which motor you have...

i see that you were trying to get my attention.. i don't work for the magazines.. and i look at a bunch of different forums... i just do this to help...

is your check engine light on???

if so codes will have set..  an OBD2 scan tool with CAN is needed to view the codes and to view the live data streams to see what the various sensors are actually doing..

more info about your car might help...   make.. model.. year.. engine.. its really hard to guess...  

mazakman55 mazakman55
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/25/10
05:19 PM

You can buy the part from NAPA for $25.  Do not give Toyota the extra $50.  Buy it from Napa .  Same exact part # 90-987-02028.

It is very easy to replace yourself.  It is under the plastic fuse box in the engine compartment.  Buy the part 1st and you will know exactly what to look for.  

goiyoo goiyoo
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/04/10
12:42 AM

Thanks for your advised. it really works, I went to Toyota work shop for checking straight a way the technician told me is the relay problem and bill me $110 to fix. Luckily I search online before. I refuse to repair and from went to TOYOTA Authorized dealer only paid $45 bucks. Now it works prefectly. Smile  

First |  Prev |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com