1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

air conditioning light blinking in 2003 toyota camry

| 
neuman neuman
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 04/15/06
01:08 PM

hello--I have a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE and when I turn on the air conditioner, it starts to blow out air, but then the air conditioning button starts blinking and it stops blowing out cold air.  Can anyone tell me what the problem is and about how much these repair will be?

Neuman  

vickiB vickiB
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/08/06
04:17 AM

Hi Neuman,
Did you get an answer to your problem. The same thing is happening with my 03 Camry. Please let me know. Thanks!  

automotivejtm-#001 automotivejtm-#001
Guru | Posts: 1019 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 05/08/06
05:58 AM

it sounds like your ac system has its own self daignosis built in and most likely when your ac light blinks, its trying to tell you whats wrong with it.  

guycmcd guycmcd
Posted: 05/18/06
12:46 AM

2003 Camry LX, 2.4 litre, 87,000 miles.  my wife complained about strange occurrences with her a/c light flashing, alarm system sounding with car parked and her sitting in it, slow cranking when starting.  we had a bad cell in battery, causing many different electrical malfunctions.  when we changed the battery (3rd one in 38 months), problems went away.  

wtf wtf
Posted: 05/30/06
02:35 AM

I have a 92 Camry with the same symptom. I read that, "The ac speed sensor sees a difference between the engine speed and the actual compressor speed so it shuts off and flashes the light.
Could just be the ac Mag clutch relay in the box under the hood. You can switch it with a like relay in that box.
It could be a bad compresor. Check relay first."

In my case, the connector for the speed sensor was broken off during an oil change.  I'm still looking into whether the sensor can be replaced or if it is integral to the compressor.  

xpert xpert
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/18/06
04:51 PM

Icon Quoteneuman:
hello--I have a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE and when I turn on the air conditioner, it starts to blow out air, but then the air conditioning button starts blinking and it stops blowing out cold air.  Can anyone tell me what the problem is and about how much these repair will be?

Neuman

Hi Neuman,
Not sure if your sorted out yet, but you are on the right track.
Fault is a slip sensor located at the rear or the bottom of the compressor, this can be replaced, but need to have the refrigerant out of the a/c system first, or if you know what your doing you can by pass that circuit at the electronic box located on the evaporator box behind the glove compartment, then scotch lock the wires at the compressor together, this will trick the control unit into thinking the compressor is not slipping. You must however first make sur the compressor is not siezed or the belt is not loose????. Its a common fault with the *** they over engineer every thing, most times its junk on the sensor from the compressor sump.
Hope this helps  

mike f mike f
User | Posts: 92 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 09/23/06
04:52 AM

IF YOU ARE LOW ON FEON THAT WILL TURN OFF THE AC COMPRESSOR PUMP TOO  

fix123 fix123
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/15/08
07:50 PM

xpert,
2002 Camry 4 cyl. Slow idle at a stop light when a/c is on. From the resistance reading, 102 ohms, the a/c compressor lock sensor may not be working. No oscilloscope avalable. Is it true that this lock sensor cannot be replaced without loosing the freon? Do you need to scotch lock (connect) the wires when you are already by passing that circuit at the ECM pins?
fix123  

Lacey Lacey
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/24/08
04:08 PM

My '03 camry's A/C light was flashing.  After researching it on the internet, thanks for forums and discussion boards I determined that there was a good chance it was my magnetic clutch relay.  Check in your relay & fuse box under the hood to see if you have a white box with the number 90987-02022.  If so, replacing it with the updated part of 90987-02028 will PROBABLY fix it.  The part cost me $54 after I called a few Toyota dealerships to get the lowest price and the labor was about $40.  I'm glad I just went ahead and did that instead of a diagnostic analysis test beforehand for $60.  Good luck!!!  

fix123 fix123
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 08/03/08
07:55 AM

I am answering my own question posted - 2002 Camry 4 cyl., slow idle at a stop light when a/c is on. I did not have a blinking a/c light. I got side tracked reading the articles on compressor lock sensors - probably do not go bad often. Also, mis-information with lock sensor resistant value. Here is what I did. I removed air inlet hose to the throttle body and wiped of the viscous gunk using a dry cloth. I cleaned (very lightly) the sensors located before throttle body. I did not use cleaning fluids since I do not know whether it can harm these components. The idle speed is good now; it can be a little faster but petty good for a home fix.
fix123  

4Runner2003 4Runner2003
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/09/08
08:50 AM

I have both 2003 Camry LE and 4Runner V8 LTD.  Both Toyota's had the Relay 90987-02022.  They both went bad for the AC Clutch.  On my 4Runner, I have fog lights that used the same relay so I was able to test.  But if the light flashes after a 45 seconds, more than likely this is the issue and the fix is easy.  Go to your Toyota dealership and ask them for the AC Clutch Relay or updated part # 90987-02028.  I paid $60 bucks here is Georgia.  

To replace, open your engine hood.  There is a black fuse box behind the battery.  Open the box and look at the top of the box.  There is a layout of all the fuses / Relay's.  On the back cover, look for MG CLT.  This is the relay you want to replace.  You can get needle nose pliers to gently pull the fuse / relay straight up.  Then drop your new relay in and you just saved yourself the labor.   Grin  

security030 security030
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/24/08
08:35 PM

yes usually this problem will arise in http://www.buildingregister.com so i guess there is a problem in switch controller or the sensor it does not cost much to solve it  

j_rossdale j_rossdale
User | Posts: 140 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/25/08
12:27 AM

That blinking indicates that the A/C system has detected a defective compressor.  

HIDkitsdude HIDkitsdude
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/16/08
06:26 PM

one question, do you use HID kits?  

zamcam zamcam
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/31/08
01:24 PM

Are you a Toyota mechanic looking for business?

The problem is just as likely caused by a defective magnetic clutch relay or a dirty cabin filter - both a lot cheaper to fix than a new compressor!

www.topix.com/forum/autos/toyota-camry/TI5OFMQ8CGJNLGO89  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com