10:59 AM

2013 kia rio using motor oil and not seeing it on the ground
95k runs good  

Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2796 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 01/01/19
10:30 PM

tired oil control rings.

they use very low tension rings in these..

can you do a cylinder leak down test..

do those have a timing belt?  or a timing chain..

what do your the spark plugs look like..  is there any sign of oil on them.

do you have a scope camera to look down thru the spark plug holes with the crank turned 90 degrees from TDC so the pistons are all down half way. ? giving you a clear shot at them and the upper part of the cylinder walls to look for scuffing.

do you have a vacuum gauge.. one of those compound versions that HF or others sell that goes to 15 pounds of pressure and 30 inches of vacuum..

is there a dipstick tube you can connect that gauge to .. perhaps a way to monitor the crankcase pressure... make sure you are not building crankcase pressure or vacuum..  see if you can figure out how to block the crankcase breather.. i don't know where its set up on that version.  you should start building vacuum in the crankcase in seconds..  incorrect PCV flow.. broken PCV valves .. incorrect PCV calibrations for replacement PCV valves can cause oil to be consumed at between 300 and 400 miles per quart..

it took me years to find the secret calibraion..

at idle.. block the PCV flow.. the idle should drop 50 to 70 RPMs... if it drops less it will need a larger calibration.. if it it drops more than 70.. it needs a smaller calibration..

back in the 90s.. one 360/390 ford engine kept coming back.. on the 4th complaint from the customer i said instead of just the engine bring the whole truck.  the engine was so clean i could have eaten off it.. there it was.. a big shiny aftermarket PCV valve. i send him to the dealer to get a ford or motorcraft version.  fixed it.. he had gotten the engine rebuild 3 times at another shop prior to our three times..

finding the issue that causes oil to be consumed at 400 miles a quart is sometimes crazy hard..

have you gone thru the TSB's..  

Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2796 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 01/01/19
11:00 PM

say... got any experience with a 5.3 and a 4L65E mating.

http://forums.automotive.com/70/9863369/transmission/joining-4l60e-and-53-together/  

bbuss2 bbuss2
Enthusiast | Posts: 536 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 01/08/19
03:34 PM

Sorry it took so long to ket back to you
Kept forgetting when when I was near my tablet
Don't have that equipment
Going to change thepve and see what happens
Motor has never been overheated

Thank you  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2