Xml
Item Posts   

2012 bmw hard shifts

| 
Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2796 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 11/15/18
05:40 AM

you would need to not just look at codes.. you would need to take snap shots of the live data stream cold as you are upshifting and it slams the 1/2 shift... and then again with the transmission at operating temp snap shot of the data stream taken at the 1/2 shift.

unfortunately i have Zero experience in diagnosing BMW ZF transmission electronics..  they always required scan tool interfaces that the shops i worked at did not purchase.  we just pointed them down the street to the independent BMW shops..

there may be TSB's on this issue..

check the TSB titles over at alldatadiy dot com

you did not mention which model so i can't do that. for you..

i would mention that you could have several issues..

if somebody looks at just codes and says its fine.. they don't have a clue of how to properly diagnose an problem.  i would guess from experience that only about 15 or 20% of auto mechanics know how to go beyond the codes..

one of my long term customers showed up with a Bmw 740I.. she brought a factory service manual.. a Bentley factory service manual.. he wipers would not stop wiping.  the paragraph describing said mostly to take it to the dealer.. its too complex an issue to describe in this 2" thick manual.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: