Xml
Item Posts   

2008 Toyota Corolla S 5-Speed Manual

| 
Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2796 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 03/13/19
09:23 AM

the knock sensor should be mounted on the side of the block above and to the right of a water passage.. looks like a black lollipop.. with a bolt thru the middle.

as for the low idle speed.  that might be a drive by wire..  

low idle speed issues are usually caused by carbon behind the throttle blade building up and reducing the amount of air that is supposed to leak around the closed throttle valve blade.

i have not worked on these models yet.. and i don't know why.  

there was an issue with the matrix version that required a replacement computer from toyota.

please check for engine codes..  there could be codes from P0000 thru P2999 some cars go higher.. not all inexpensive scan tools read Manufacturer specific codes above P1000..  as they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.  

Posted: 03/13/19
06:37 PM

P0238 is a turbo charger Boost pressure Circuit A High.. .. not a KNOCK Sensor code..

Detects an open sensor ground or continuous short to high in either the signal circuit or the turbocharger boost pressure sensor.

i can't find much info right now on the P0238

i did see this and you might want to call toyota with your vin number.. production date off the door sticker..

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V384000 Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):      TOYOTA / COROLLA 2005-2008      TOYOTA / MATRIX 2005-2008 Manufacturer: TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATIONMfr's Report Date: AUG 26, 2010NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V384000 NHTSA Action Number:2 Investigations found Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLINGPotential Number of Units Affected: 1290413Summary: TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2005-2008 COROLLA AND COROLLA MATRIX VEHICLES. THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) FOR THE SUBJECT MODELS EQUIPPED WITH THE 1ZZ-FE ENGINE AND TWO-WHEEL DRIVE MAY HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY MANUFACTURED. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT A CRACK MAY DEVELOP AT CERTAIN SOLDER POINTS OR ON VARISTORS ON THE CIRCUIT BOARD.  

Posted: 03/14/19
06:50 PM

P0328 code

P0328 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Input (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)".

P0238 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit High  

Posted: 03/15/19
08:55 AM

this requires looking at the knock sensor connector with a digital volt meter..

you will also want to find or access a factory service manual on what voltage if any..  should be on the knock sensor wiring with it unplugged.. i don't have any manuals handy right know on that late a toyota.

i can usually figure it out with just diagrams.  i really wonder.. if you have a dirty connector or corroded pins.. causing the computer monitoring the circuit to think its open..  knock sensors do fail..  there are also specific angles they need to be installed at.. they are actually microphones.   you could also have a short to a different wire with power.  the knock sensor wires both come from the computer.. it is shielded twisted pair..  

Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between terminals. Resistance should be 120 to 280 k ohm at 68°F (20°C). If the resistance is not as specified, replace the sensor.

Knock Sensor Strategy

The Knock Sensor (KS) system uses one or two broadband one-wire sensors. The Knock Sensor generates an AC voltage signal of varying amplitude and frequency based on the engine vibration. The amplitude and frequency are dependent upon the level of knock that the KS detects. The control module receives the KS signal through a signal circuit, and the KS ground is supplied by the engine block through the sensor housing.

you will want to read these 2 PDF files that cover Knock sensor testing.

http://www.wellsve.com/sft503/counterp_v12_i1_2008.pdf

http://www.wellsve.com/sft503/counterp_v12_i2_2008.pdf

sorry i don't have more right off the top of my head.. i have not worked on that circuit on later toyotas.

the wells PDF files go over it quite well..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2019 Toyota Corolla
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan, Hatchback
Rating:
N

Research Categories: