Xml
Item Posts   

Dealer Wants me to Speak with Orignal Owner on Used Car Repair

| 
Tom Neel Tom Neel
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/17
Posted: 06/26/17
03:20 PM

I bought a 3 year old used vehicle last week from reputable dealer. Salesman said they had done a mechanical inspection including tires, brakes, fluids, etc. After a couple days, it started to vibrate. I'm not mechanically gifted but the tires had air and nothing appeared out of the ordinary underneath so I continued towards home slowly. A motorist flagged me down and said that my tire was coming off. One of the studs had snapped. My mechanic later said that none of the tires were on tight (should be 90 pounds) and that I should take it to the dealer since they should not have let it out of the shop that way and it had only been a week since I bought it. Called the dealer and they want me to talk with the person that they got the vehicle from to see what can be worked out. Is this normal? I purchased it from the dealer. I don't even have a title memo yet to see if the previous owner's name is on that. Really sounds fishy to me. Advice appreciated.  

Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2709 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 06/26/17
06:35 PM

I have a question. were the dealer employees wearing thick leather gloves to prevent paper cuts when they passed that buck.

almost all dealers inspect cars before they resell them. they would in a world of hurt if they sold a car with bad brakes.

when the dealer tells you to talk to the former owner. say.. i am speaking to the former owner. i bought this from you.

i don't know the laws in ohio.. i would file a complaint against the dealer with the state licensing department.. might be the motor vehicles department.  i don't know if cars are supposed to be inspected upon transfer..

somebody screwed up.

wheel studs are not expensive.. lug nuts are usually not expensive.   sometimes they are not that hard to install.

i wish i had a better answer for you .

did the car come with any warranty?? or did it say AS IS on the window sticker.. and did the dealer leave that on the car when you bought it or did they tear it up so you could not read it.

there is also a chance that the midnight auto supply bandits had made a pass thru the lot and loosened your lug nuts to get them off quicker the next night..

could the former owner have left them loose.. perhaps..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: