Xml
Item Posts   

2006 Dodge Dakota Transmission Hell

| 
steelers1327 steelers1327
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/17
Posted: 05/03/17
09:56 PM

hello, i have a 2006 dodge dakota and i was having transmission problems as it would have a hard downshift and get stuck in one gear. at first i got the transmission serviced and that worked for a day and then it went right back to what it was doing, then i got the rear seal replaced that worked for about a week and then back to the same thing. i finally replaced the TPS and IAC and that worked for one trip and back to same thing. today i replaced the entire PCM, ECM, and TCM and it drove like brand new for a while but then went straight back to shifting erratically and all that. i have no idea what to do now  

Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2255 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 05/03/17
11:12 PM

codes codes codes..

since you may not have a scan tool. get in the truck. turn the key to the RUN position without starting the engine. just enough to turn the dash lights on. quickly turn the key off, on, off, on, off, on..   3 times on within 4 seconds will USUALLY make the Odometer flash codes... they go by quick.. you can do this many times..

set up your cell phone on video recording while aiming it at the odometer and with you other hand work the key..  so you have a video record..

there are so many codes that can cause issues..

you must understand .. because you have a code does not indicate that you have to change the part the code lists.. you must open the service manual for the proper transmission and follow the trouble shooting chart for that code.

transmission codes are in the P0700 to P0799.. but there are more above P1000..  any code above P1000 is a manufacturer specific code.. so be sure to post any and all codes here.

i just looked at a 2006 jeep manual.. its almost 9,000 pages thick.

could be a 42RLE or a 545RFE transmission..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: