Xml
Item Posts   

2000 Maxima Glitches

| 
eternalfiregod eternalfiregod
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/15
Posted: 09/03/15
04:51 AM

Hello everyone, I've been a reader here for a while, this is the first time I thought I'd ask directly rather than going and randomly trying to figure things out. So I have three problems with my car that I'd love to have fixed if anyone has ideas. My cousin is a mechanic and has sort of checked things out but hasn't really delved into it.

First up is a problem he can't seem to figure out, I have an automatic and when driving my car seems to randomly become unable to shift out of first gear. It usually happens after idling a while like at a drive thru but it's not the only time it happens. It will suddenly feel like the car has dropped in power, and won't go faster than 20MPH~ and the RPMS go into 2+ if I press on the gas.

Next up, is my horn, this happened after getting my car stuck in the mud but I don't know if that contributed at all. My horn seems to keep sticking. It would go off when I turned sometimes or just randomly when the wheel was straight. I would have to smack my horn to get it to stop. He said it was probably a thing that he would have to remove the wheel for and it wouldn't be worth his time or mine so he unplugged both wires for the horns.

Last one is that my cruise control doesn't seem to work. When I press the cruise button the indicator comes on but the set button doesn't engage the cruise control and the Set light does not turn on or flicker. When I first got the car one of the ABS sensors was broken which i was told was the problem but after replacing it no dice. What might my problem be for it? I had a battery problem a while back and needed new connectors. Is this one of the problems that can happen if I don't disconnect correctly?

I'd really love it if these could get fixed. I love my car and it's really great so i'd hate to keep having these problems, at least the first two are road hazards.  

Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2175 | Joined: 08/14
Posted: 09/03/15
09:47 AM

first step is the voltage drop test.. here is your copy..

voltage drop test printable image link.

second test.. check for trouble codes with a scan tool...

post all the code numbers you get here...

P0000 to P2999... by number.. not description..

could be a simple fix.. could be more complex.. lets start at the basic level..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2017 Nissan Maxima
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan
Rating:
Poor Poor

Research Categories: