Xml
Item Posts   

A/C in new Subaru and Volvo is not automatic

| 
wardw wardw
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/17
Posted: 05/14/17
08:32 AM

My new 2017 Subaru Forester has A/C plus a thermostat. I set the temperature I want, and as long as it's not too hot outside all is well. But if it's too hot, I have to manually turn on the A/C to lower the cabin temp. Why doesn't my car's thermostat automatically turn on A/C to maintain my specified temperature so I don't have to manually turn on A/C?

A friend’s car, a new Volvo, has the same setup. I asked him about it, and he said in the summer he just leaves the A/C on all the time, because, like my car, it doesn’t turn on automatically to maintain the temperature he specifies.

My home thermostat, quite old, works the same; I have to turn on "Cool" or "Heat" manually. I've heard modern ones don't require manual fiddling.  

Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2293 | Joined: 08/14
10:23 AM

all Climate control systems in cars operate at the command of the driver  or backseat driver in the passenger side.

operating the AC constantly is not always needed.

it costs fuel economy just like having the home climate control in the ON position all the time can increase your power and gas bills.

even on high end cars climate control is still a selection operated by the driver.

you do have the option in almost all cars to leave the climate control in a single setting and when you start the engine again.. it will come back on to that setting.

i personally have not been in the newer subaru and volvo models.. i fix older cars.

you can repost this over a second forum site here called motortrend.com   there are many more people answering questions there.

you could also post this over at reddit.com in the cars forum..

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/  

Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2293 | Joined: 08/14
10:28 AM

4Jyc34t

tasty..  

Buyer's Guide Other Popular Autos
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2018 Subaru Forester
Button Getmyprice