Advice on Mazda 323F Alarm problems...?

| 
sbuck11 sbuck11
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/15
Posted: 10/27/15
07:19 AM

Hi people

I have an old Mazda 323F and it has given very good service over the years

Steering wheel on the right, 15 years old, basic manual key system, no electronic remote key (or at least I was not given one when I bought it 7 years ago)

Recently, the battery went dead after it was left idle over the summer...my mistake

I have recharged and re-installed the battery, and now the car will start, but everything I do causes the alarm and warning lights to activate, I cannot drive it making all this noise etc...

I looked at the owner manual, and it wasnt all that much help - it says that simply unlocking the doors, or putting key in ignition and go to on position, should stop the alarm.  However, every time i do this I get the warning siren for about 20 seconds.

the manual says that the alarm goes off if someone uses a key that is not the correct key - I wonder if some setting changed or was lost, and now it thinks that my key is not the correct key?  The owner manual says merely to "contact a Mazda dealer" if there are problems with the alarm.

It is an old car, maybe 15 years old, but it drove Ireland to Germany with no hitches this May.  I am abroad and I do not know if it is worth paying big money to fix...

Also I have no idea how much support there is for old Mazdas in Germany

Any advice about things I can try myself?  

Just Try It1 Just Try It1
Moderator | Posts: 2175 | Joined: 08/14
07:54 AM

you did not list an exact year..

but.. usually to reset the alarm system you get out and lock the car with the key...  wait for a few minutes..

unlock the drivers door with the key and then try to start it..

you may need to purchase a remote entry keyfob... sometimes available at parts stores.. i have seen displays on the counters of a few..

you will want to watch this video... on how to program the keyfob to your car..

sbuck11 sbuck11
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/15
03:21 PM

Thanks for the tips

It was first registered in Ireland in 2000, if that makes a difference  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: