Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
Item Posts   

Looking to trade 2014 VW Tiguan for older car? Advice?

| 
ento890 ento890
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/14
Posted: 07/09/14
04:37 PM

I purchased a 2014 VW Tiguan in October of 2013. I decided to get a new car because my two dogs were not going to fit inside my 2007 VW Rabbit much longer. At the time, my dogs were younger (I have a lab mix and a great dane). To me, at the dealership, the car looked plenty big for them, but now that my lab is full grown and my dane is 130 lbs and growing, I'm regretting getting this car. They are squashed in my back seat and there's NO way they are fitting in the trunk.

I purchased the car for just about 30k, I put down 9700$ on the car (my Rabbit I got 5700 in trade in, and I put 4,000 cash down), which left me with just over 20k on the car at signing. I've been making payments since (324 a month), so I'm figuring I have around 17,500 left on the car.

I was hoping to look at a certified pre owned small SUV instead, something with good trunk capacity, so they don't have to hog up the back seat anymore. I figured I would stop by a feel dealerships this weekend and just see what they'd say. I'm not looking for an ancient suv, maybe a few years old at most. I just feel if I'm going to be making payments for the next 5 years, it should be towards something I will be using to its fullest. Is is even possible for me to this? I really don't want to pay anymore monthly than what I am, would I be losing a ton of money if I went through with this? Should I just suck it up for the next 5 years?

Basically my question is do you think its possible for me a trade in my 2014, for a little bit of an older, larger car, and not get screwed over money wise.  

wayne712222 wayne712222
Guru | Posts: 1856 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 07/09/14
07:44 PM

55Pontiachotrodcover Zps13f22993  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: