Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
Item Posts   

Best compact 2014 SUV for acceleration and mileage?

| 
badlands17 badlands17
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/24/13
11:30 AM

I am going to be looking for a 2014 compact SUV. I currently have a 2011 AWD Ford Escape Limited 6 cyl. My question is, what is(are) the best 2014 AWD compact SUV(s) with the best combination of acceleration and good gas mileage that run on regular gas? I notice that a number of the new SUV's like the Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape, Mitsubishi Outlander, etc. recommend(require) premium fuel on those engines (all 4 cyl now) with the highest hp/turbo engines. I don't see the sense of paying an additional couple of thousand up front for some turbo charged engine which will require paying an additional 20-25 cents per gallon for premium fuel to get the acceleration and mileage they claim. However, I don't want to have less acceleration than I'm getting now with my 2011 6 cyl Ford Escape. Does such an animal exist? Thanks.  

weme weme
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/13
Posted: 09/01/13
11:52 AM

Have you considered Volkswagen Tiguan.

The Tiguan has the same engine as the GTI.  It will outperform most 6 cyl. SUVs, and give you 27-31 MPG highway.  Plus, the best safety rating in its class, great handling, and comfort.  

john vella john vella
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 08/13
Posted: 10/05/13
12:54 AM

Yes, i agree with you  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links