Item Posts   
Sticky Thread

Basic Car maintenance

| 
FirstVolvo FirstVolvo
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 08/02/07
12:18 AM

Thanks for all the information! It's very helpful!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Where can I get some Volvo S80 parts?  

WarrantiesForLess WarrantiesForLess
New User | Posts: 39 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 03/25/08
06:47 PM

Thanks,

I much rather read the entire post without having to hit another link, and knowing it takes time to post, I appreciate the convenience of your information being posted here.

Good luck to all, Mike  
www.Free-Extended-Warranties-Distributorship.com

johnbrent johnbrent
New User | Posts: 23 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 04/17/08
05:20 AM

I don't know about the oil change part, it seems too long.. i change mine about 2500 miles. well, my jeep is on heavy duty usage so I guess its ok,  

carwind carwind
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/16/08
01:26 AM

You gave me additional information about car maintenance. I just read a blog My Car Tool Kit it tells also about car repairs and car maintenance. You can check it to get more information.  

WallySoprano WallySoprano
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/20/08
01:01 PM

Don't mind me, i'm new and just subbing...  

hades hades
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/10/08
09:58 PM

Really very helpful for newbies. Thanks for this.  

GrolschBottle GrolschBottle
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/17/08
12:38 PM

This is perfect, so many people lack the correct routine in maintenance.
Thanks!  

Kyle2008 Kyle2008
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/26/08
09:27 PM

The best and most efficient method of knowing about your car and keeping track of it is through the owner's manual which provides complete information on how to go about it. You can inspect your car every time you enter it, or on a daily or weekly basis or at intervals specified in the manual.
======================
Kyle
Used cars  

Wipers123 Wipers123
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/19/09
03:20 PM

Great article but don't forget to replace your wipers regularly!

One of the simplest basic maintenance items you can invest in is new windshield wiper blades. Many people don't know it, but it only take 2-5 minutes to swap-out and once you do, you're increasing safety substantially.

In most regions of the continental United States, its recommended that you change your wipers every 6 months. My company recommends March and October for most US drivers (prior to major weather changes). We also recommend an inspection before every major road-travel holiday: Memorial Day Weekend, Independence Day/Summer Vacation, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving Weekend and the Christmas/New Years Holidays.

Clear vision leads to higher alert and caution and less distraction leading to automobile accidents - and less hunch-back drivers.

If you know the make, model, year of your vehicle, you can order the correct-fitting replacement windshield wiper blades that install in minutes. Visit: Wipers123.com - the fastest and easiest way to lookup and buy replacement wipers.

Thank you for driving safe!
Wipers123  
http://www.wipers123.com

Mortonbrake Mortonbrake
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/26/09
08:47 AM

Happy to join u ! Really you are doing a great job. Getting lot of information regarding car maintenance. Thanks a lot for that. Hope u keep up this work doing.....  
brake pads|brake discs

brittinlv brittinlv
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/06/09
04:41 PM

Do you know where I can get information on removing the rear brake drum on a 1999 Toyota 4runner, SR5, 3.4 Liter ?  

autocollision autocollision
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/28/10
07:01 AM

Thanks for sharing, those are all great tips.
http://www.autocollisionsolutions.com  

hunnefeld1 hunnefeld1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/31/10
05:32 PM

I have a quick question. I am changing my Girlfriends spark plugs on her 2002 Toyota Solora 4 cylinder. I went to auto zone to buy them and they sold me the Auto Lite double platinum Plugs. Well I just went out to the car and removed one of the plugs from her car. The plugs that are in it are NGK Iridium plugs. I also noticed that the engine has a sticker on it that says that iridum plugs are installed. My question is can i put the Auto Lite plugs in that Auto Zone told me would work or do I need to go back and return them and get the iriduim plugs?  

WrightIMC WrightIMC
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 08/05/10
08:31 AM

This was an awesome thread. I was thinking to buy a new car soon  and had a lot of questions about the maintenance of the car. This thread has given me some good knowledge on how to maintain a car. Thanks alot guyz....

Park Place Texas  

f_johnny f_johnny
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 09/27/10
05:57 PM

Hey you guys have some really good info there... I am a mechanic and I have seen the damage that can happen if your car is not maintained... It can cost someone a bill of up to six thousand dollars!!  Depending on what you drive of course  

Prev |  1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: