Item Posts   

'01 Accord or '98 Civic Hatchback?

| 
katie7886 katie7886
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/10/13
07:31 PM

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a used car, preferably a Honda Civic for less than $5000. Recently found two cars with hard to believe mileage numbers:

2001 Honda Accord EX with 70,000 mi - asking price $6900

and a

1998 Honda Civic DX Hatchback with 29,000 mi (!) -- asking price $4000

Verified the Accord, waiting on a vin for the Civic to check the mileage/car history. Anyway, I'm wondering what you folks think. Both of these cars are priced above the KBB value. I will have either/both checked out before I make an offer. I'm looking for a car that I can drive on the highway without issue, commuting maybe 20mi a day at most. Something small, easy to park -- just need it to get myself around. I'd like it to have the capability to comfortably make 7 hr road-trips. MPG is important to me, and safety ratings and reliability. Also, I will probably move in a year or two, and need to resell the car at that point.

Which of these sounds like a better fit? I've been leaning toward Civics because of the gas mileage and reliability but I had a '98 before that felt like it was going to fly apart on the highway. Think I need to step up to the Accord if that's a concern? Is it worth an extra $2000 + higher insurance and gas costs, in your opinion(s)?

Thanks!  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Honda Accord
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Coupe, Sedan
Rating:
Excellent Excellent

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com