Item Posts   

Plug, patch, or replace?

| 
bwe12 bwe12
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/27/12
01:49 AM

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, seeking advice.  I returned my rental car to a small, regional agency this morning and received a call from them several hours later.  They found a nail one of the tires, and they want me to replace the tire--they're asking for $165.69!  To the agency's credit, they did provide a photo of the punctured tire (see attached).  

Does this tiny wound justify replacing the tire altogether?

Photo of tire damage:
http://uploadpad.com/files/tiredmg2.jpg

Thanks for your help!  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
08:36 AM

question.. did you get rental car insurance coverage when you rented the car...  might be a CDW..

another question...

was the car brand new when you first picked it up... less than a dozen miles????

ask them if they inspect each completely tire on every car that gets turned in...

they might have spotted it when they found it low on air...

in reality.. punctures in that area are TIRE REPLACEMENT ONLY..  there is TOO MUCH FLEXING in that area..

be sure to check back.. as there is at least one more answer coming from another forum member..  

bwe12 bwe12
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/12
02:08 PM

Appreciate the fast response!  

You are correct--I saw a low tire pressure warning right before I turned in the car.  They found it from there, I guess.

No CDW, but hopefully credit card insurance will take care of the replacement.  The car was >100,000 miles, so not a new vehicle by any stretch  Frown .  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com