Ad Radar

Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
Item Posts   

Locating a vehicle and giving a deposit.

| 
corvette414 corvette414
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 09/20/12
06:29 PM

Make sure that when you place a deposit on a vehicle, the dealer can secure that vehicle he told you about. Cover yourself; ask for a vehicle identification number. I have seen it happen before, the dealer said they have the car located and ask you if all the equipment is what you were looking for, and then when the customer leaves the sales manager states he  couldn't get that car.  The next thing that happens is one of two things, either he will not find the car the customer thinks he/she will get, or the manager will ask the salesperson to call
the customer and ask if they will take something else after waiting a few days up to two weeks…

Check out my website and go to the blog page.

http://henrynobleautobusinessinfo.weebly.com/

You can also follow my updates at twitter.com/corvette414  

Read more: http://forums.automotive.com/70/9298713/car-buying-experiences/helping-the-consumer-to-get-a-better-deal/#ixzz274Ezxify  

Nick.Joel Nick.Joel
User | Posts: 154 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 11/16/12
05:58 AM

Would love to check your valuable information.  Smile  
www.ronduprattford.com

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 11/16/12
08:59 AM

one might really want to learn this warning from craigslist

How to recognize a vehicle scam attempt on ***

Shipping a vehicle to you is suggested by seller
eBay Motors or another intermediary is specified by seller
Payment by Western Union or a money wire is requested
Price is unusually low (fraction of blue book value)
If you see these tell-tale signs, flag ad as "prohibited" and avoid

Offers to ship a vehicle are virtually 100% fraudulent

eBay has no involvment in craigslist for sale ads, and any eBay or similar emails or web pages you receive are fake

Never use Western Union or wire transfer to pay for goods - only a scammer will ask for this, and any funds sent will be lost

Do not buy vehicles sight-unseen, regardless of low price. The vehicle does not exist, and any money you send will be lost.

Stories about divorcees or departing servicemen needing to sell quickly at a low price are generally fraudulent

If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

More information is available for avoiding scams

4wheelandbry 4wheelandbry
New User | Posts: 26 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 11/17/12
06:18 PM

I spotted one of these scams on craigslist.   Mad  I don't know why some people still fall for these. We should be very, very careful in transacting especially if it involves way too much money. My best bet is still the old school way of me transacting personally in purchases.  

4wheelandbry 4wheelandbry
New User | Posts: 26 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 11/17/12
06:18 PM

I spotted one of these scams on craigslist.   Mad  I don't know why some people still fall for these. We should be very, very careful in transacting especially if it involves way too much money. My best bet is still the old school way of me transacting personally in purchases.  

cahpow cahpow
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/28/12
09:41 AM

I think what he's talking about is not the scams but when a new car dealer tells you he can get you the car by locating it. Find it yourself and save yourself money!

What is a dealer locate?

When a dealership doesn't have the car in stock they will sometimes offer to locate you a vehicle. Most new car dealers are on a network and can bring in inventory from other lots. The down side to working on a locate vehicle is that the dealership will have additional costs for bringing in the vehicle. The dealership that is locating the vehicle also does not get holdback so it will drive up your price. If they don't have what you want, try and find the car yourself or order the exact vehicle you want in order to get the best deals.

Check out some of other great FAQs! Cahpow! FAQs  

eddyjack6 eddyjack6
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/21/13
08:32 PM

Yes! That's correct, because many a times it happens that one get some frauds by the dealers of replacing the vehicle which he chose with any other of the dealers choice.  

zaman100 zaman100
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 02/23/13
06:35 AM

hi,when you buy a car,you need money for oil.
so join me

Would i be able to use this book in my country if i bought it i see its based in US dollars but some of the samples i could probably do in my country any ideas?.

www.money-on-money.com  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com