Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
Item Posts   

Having a car inspected before you buy it?

| 
testdrivetech testdrivetech
New User | Posts: 16 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/03/12
11:04 AM

There are several things you must know before you hire someone to inspect a car for you that can really make a difference.

1. Does that inspector work for a dealership, insurance company or warranty company?
2. If the inspection will be done onsite will the vehicle be lifted off the ground to check the undercarriage?
3. What are the qualifications of the inspector? Are they certified by any agency such as ASE or do they have 10 or more years of repair experience?
4. Are they familiar with the vehicle you are having them inspect?

Think of it this way... You wouldn't hire an electrician to come into your home and take care of your backed up toilet problem, so don't hire a lease return inspector to look at the mechanics of your future car... Lease return inspectors are great for finding nicks, scratches and dings but most do not have the knowledge required to fully inspect the suspension, steering, brakes, driveline and undercarriage of your vehicle... Make sure your family is riding in a safe and reliable vehicle... Have it inspected by an independent auto inspection company that LIFTS vehicles onsite!  
Steven Paul
President & Auto Inspector
Test Drive Technologies Auto Inspection Services
"Who's Looking Under Your Carriage?"
www.TestDriveTech.net
363-388-TEST

arcie0105 arcie0105
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/27/12
02:52 AM

What are your specifics? Why don't you try searching through the web the car brand that you want? That's how I got mine when I decided to buy a new car. I came across a site online that showed me the very best bargains possible in my area on new cars. I was particularly pleased with the site because I already knew exactly which car I wanted. All I really needed to know was where I could go in my area to locate the car at the very best price.  

kristi99 kristi99
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 06/29/12
02:02 AM

well, i must say Thanks for this informative knowledge.  

henry.budd henry.budd
Enthusiast | Posts: 260 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 07/04/12
06:41 AM

I would appreciate your thoughts as it is informative and knowledgeable. But I believe car buying is a wonderful and great experience. I will do all the inspections and checking about the car that I am going to purchase myself. Because the way you inspect for your things no one else will show that much interest, no matter how much amount you will pay for the service... Cool  
www.newusedcarssacramento.com

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com