Xml
Item Posts   

Unbelievable but true story about my VOLVO experience

| 
RobD. RobD.
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/12
Posted: 05/26/12
09:45 PM

In my opinion, VOLVO is one of the most under-appreciated car makers of them all. Not only their cars are of great quality, performance, safety, technical innovation and – as of lately – great unique looks. They also offer a great value in maintenance costs. The owner is only responsible for maintaining tires in good shape. All else is free for 5 years! But that’s not all. Service Departments at their dealerships are not as typically greedy and cheating as at most any other brand (at least in the U.S.). Here is what I just experienced myself.

Last Friday, on my way home from work, I was rammed in my left side by a driver who decided to change lanes without making sure that the other lane was open and clear. I got his vital info for insurance purpose, but I did not actually use it to make an insurance claim, because it turned out that the cost of repairs will be half as big as my deductible.

So, I visited my ‘Smithtown Volvo’ dealership here on Long Island, NY - to get an estimate of cost of repair. At first, the Volvo expert said it will be around $350. That was already 2 or 3 times lower than I expected to hear. Then, he asked me to come in the next day to talk directly to the body-mechanic. I did. The body mechanic quietly cleaned up the embedded paint from the red car that hit me, polished the scrapes and touched them up with fresh paint. When I inquired about the charge, I was told that this was free! At first, I thought he was joking. Then, he told me that the rest of the damage (a couple of slight push-ins) will be taken care of when I come in for the regular check-up. Oh, and he reduced his original estimate to $250!

I do not believe that any other car dealer would handle this case better, or even equally well.  

testdrivetech testdrivetech
New User | Posts: 16 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/03/12
11:42 AM

WOW... That is a great experience. I wish all dealerships could do that for customers! That is absolutely impressive but just another example of how vehicle history reports don't get the information they say they *** This vehicle will never show this accident because there was not a police report or claim filed with the insurance company... Not your fault I just wanted to point it out to some used car buyers.  
Steven Paul
President & Auto Inspector
Test Drive Technologies Auto Inspection Services
"Who's Looking Under Your Carriage?"
www.TestDriveTech.net
363-388-TEST

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: