Xml
Item Posts   

1994 350 And tranny

| 
John_350 John_350
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/28/12
04:45 PM

Hello everyone. I have a engine and tranny that was pulled from a 1994 Silverado k2500. Engine is a 350. I want to put them in another truck body but I have a couple questions first. What years of Silverados will my motor fit in and Since my tranny came out of a 3/4 ton will it work in a 1/2 ton frame. Any info would be greatly appreciated.    Thanks  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
05:12 PM

engine and transmission... probably ONLY 93, 94, 95...  as its a TBI motor with an electronic shift transmission...

hope you have the full engine control harness and computer..

makes it a LOT easier to swap into almost anything a 350 chevy and 4l60E or 4l80E transmission will bolt into..

i am talking.. a LOT of different cars and trucks... as a complete engine and transmission package.. if you have an intact harness and the computer off the fenderwell..

the engine alone.. will be able to fit trucks and TBI cars back to 87 or so..  but would need to swap on the earlier harness and computer.. unless you want to rewire it..

thats a very popular swap engine and transmission..

it will require a 25PSI intank fuel pump.. or a 5 psi in tank fuel pump and a 25 psi external pump.. as you don't really want to run fuel pressure over 25 psi.. as you can blow the fuel pressure regulator diaphragms..

passenger side of the engine.. in front of the cylinder head.. are the ID numbers stamped into the cylinder block machined surface... there are two sets of numbers...  one with letters and numbers and the other usually with just numbers.. the letters and numbers identify the engine calibration..

on the side of the transmission just above the transmission pan ... are another set of letters and numbers .. these identify the exact transmission.. as there are a LOT of differences between years so it makes swapping a challenge...  as there are slight differences in the internal electronics.. that won't swap easily...  

John_350 John_350
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/12
05:48 PM

I have the computer but none of the wiring. Thanks for your help tho it gave me a lot of insight.  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
06:12 PM

these motors... both computer under the hood ontop of the drivers side inner fender and the computer in side the cap are designed to be removed and replaced with the entire wiring harness attached to the engine...

the later versions there are just a few wires to unhook and the whole harness lays over the top of the engine to be lifted out...

the earlier versions are just a little more involved...  the computer is stashed up behind the glove box.. its easily removed.. 2 or 3 connectors to the computer.. and one to the main dash harness... a U shaped clip that holds the plastic elbow into the fire wall from the inside..   the harness then pushes through the firewall intact.. less the computer..  never needing to cut any wires...

time to remove either with the engine.. about 5 minutes..     man.. if the salvage yards only knew that it was really easy to remove a complete harness for the engine.. they could get an additional 50 to 100 bucks for the engine..

why take the engine out and put it back in with the harness installed... saves a LOT of time hooking up the VERY IMPORTANT GROUND wires to the back of BOTH HEADS.. without those ground wires hooked up.. the engine will barely run...  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com