Item Posts   

POSSIBLE PCM PROBLEM

| 
mlevergne mlevergne
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/22/12
10:16 PM

So buy a new battery and test alternator? If Bad Buy new one

Then if it is still messing up Should I buy a new PCM?  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 04/22/12
10:29 PM

recharge..  battery...

if it won't accept a charge with a BATTERY charger... set at 10 amps..

then you MAY have to replace the battery..

i am trying to stop you from throwing CUBIC dollars at this...

perhaps i am wasting my time and yours..

when the gas tank is empty.. do you buy a new gas tank.. or do you refill the gas tank...

if the battery is bad.. it won't accept a proper charge and it will fail a a load test..

say.. many parts stores charge the battery for free.. if you feel like removing it..

usually on these.. you turn the front wheels all the way in one direction and remove the battery access panel..   you may have to remove some stuff over the top of the battery..    THE FRONT BUMPER and HEADLIGHTS  DO NOT HAVE TO COME OFF>.   DO NOT ....   i have one friend who got a newer model.. the repair shop removed the whole front bumper to replace the battery.. charged him like 400 bucks to do this..  its about a 20 minute job to swap battery on that model through the wheel well opening..  

mlevergne mlevergne
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/23/12
06:09 AM

Icon Quotewaynep71222:
recharge..  battery...

if it won't accept a charge with a BATTERY charger... set at 10 amps..

then you MAY have to replace the battery..

i am trying to stop you from throwing CUBIC dollars at this...

perhaps i am wasting my time and yours..

when the gas tank is empty.. do you buy a new gas tank.. or do you refill the gas tank...

if the battery is bad.. it won't accept a proper charge and it will fail a a load test..

say.. many parts stores charge the battery for free.. if you feel like removing it..

usually on these.. you turn the front wheels all the way in one direction and remove the battery access panel..   you may have to remove some stuff over the top of the battery..    THE FRONT BUMPER and HEADLIGHTS  DO NOT HAVE TO COME OFF>.   DO NOT ....   i have one friend who got a newer model.. the repair shop removed the whole front bumper to replace the battery.. charged him like 400 bucks to do this..  its about a 20 minute job to swap battery on that model through the wheel well opening..

dont feel you are wasting time you know more about it than I do.

I can take the battery and  Alternator to Parts store and get it checked for free.  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 04/23/12
07:12 AM

Laugh  

Prev |  1 |  2
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: