An unfortunate set of events led to this post. We signed for a car, with a tradein. the day we were to pickup the car, the trade-in developed a major problem. The dealer wants to up the price by the value of the trade-in. However, the lease papers had been signed and the tradein title signed over the night before. Does all the responsibility fall on my shoulders as the buyer? If i decide to not buy the new car, they keep the money for the plates, and i hope they return my deposit. any suggestions on how to approach this?