Ad Radar

Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
Item Posts   

Looking for something inexpensive to own...what vehicle?

| 
Car_Guy_92 Car_Guy_92
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/25/12
11:38 AM

Let me start off by saying I have horrible luck with vehicles. I've had my license for 4 years and I'm on my 10th (yes, 10th) vehicle. No, my parents have not bought them for me.

I've had 2 vehicles in the $7000 price range (a '98 ranger and '02 escape) both aquired with under 75k miles. Got rid of the escape after putting $2700 in repairs into it in a little over a year (this was in 2008-2009) so I picked up a '98 Ranger. Took it to my mechanic (who is excellent) and had them look it over. No leaks, no noises, couldn't find any issues. Owned that for a year (bought with 73k miles) and in that year the 4wd hubs went bad ($400), the power steering pump went out ($620), had non-stop issues with the drear drum brakes (not my mechanic's fault), then it developed a very loud, annoying lifter tick. Sold it for WAY under what I paid for it. Currently I drive a '95 Yukon which is adding up the bills already...replaced the radiator when I bought it, now need brakes and a new intake gasket also. In between vehicles #2 and #10 I drove random piles that I never paid over $1200 for and they had less problems than my "nice" vehicles.

ANYWAY, I want some opinions on vehicles. I refuse to spend 15k on a vehicle (I could afford it but want that money for more important things). I don't care if it's a car, suv, truck, whatever....I'm sick of buying "nice" vehicles that are the farthest thing form that. I know quite a bit about vehicles and what to look for when buying them but I just seem to have bad luck with them no matter what.

Again, please recommend any inexpensive vehicles that you liked or have personally owned and treated you well.  

Nick.Joel Nick.Joel
User | Posts: 154 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 07/02/12
06:25 AM

Hi,
I really felt bad. You really have a tough luck with cars. I was amazed to know that you already have bought your 10th car! Hope your luck will improve soon. I personally like going through car inventories and if I find a suitable one then I search for users' reviews. Do not worry, follow these steps and you will find your luck with cars...

Best of Luck! Smile  
www.ronduprattford.com

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com