Xml
Item Posts   

4L60E SHIFT PROBLEMS

| 
173skysoldier 173skysoldier
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/23/12
03:02 AM

I have a 1995 Chevy K1500 with a 4L60E. I replaced the transmission and about 3 months of running great it just started messing up. It only stays in 1st gear and goes about 25 to 30 mph at 4000 rpm. I manually shift it but any gear it stays the same. The reverse works great. I replaced the 1-2 shift solenoid but it didn't help. Any suggestions on what to replace next.  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 06/23/12
04:07 PM

codes.. codes codes...

which connector do you have under the dash board???

i have several models of scan tools so i usually don't have a problem pulling codes... 95s usually require a scan tool....

i have heard that there is a way to jump other than the A and B terminals on the connectors..

the transmission when the computer sees a problem shuts down the control of the A and B solenoids and that leaves you with 2nd gear..

there are a bunch of professional transmission guys who drop in here and i will turn you over to them.. but they are going to ask for codes...  and that is how its done unless you want to just keep changing parts..   there are a LOT of different reasons and not all transmission related that will stop it from shifting..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com