Xml
Item Posts   

Dodge Sprinter Diesel Particulate Filter

| 
greatstone greatstone
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/14/12
06:22 PM

I had a client that recently got a used Dodge Sprinter 2500 engine and found out he needed to replace the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).  I had never heard of this thing before so I had to jump on Google to find out what it was.  Once I found out, i figured it would be a couple of hundred at most. Man, were both of us in for a surprise.  

A new DPF cost around $3500, there is a non-oem manufacturer that makes one for about $1500.  Even calling around to the yards, a remanufactured one was going to be $1000.  Even if he got a used one he would have to pay an additional $350 to get all of the soot cleaned out of the DPF before he could use it.

A piece of advice to all you Sprinter drivers out there, take care of your DPF, do all of the scheduled regeneration cycles and get it cleaned once in a while, if not, your looking at a nice wad of cash to get a new one.  
AffordableEngine.com is the only company on the internet that charges a flat fee to locate an engine for you and arrange all of the particulars. As soon as we find the engine, you can order it straight through the supplier saving you plenty. Give us a call at 908-866-1907 or fill in an internet form request for a totally free quote at www.AffordableEngine.com

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com