Xml
Item Posts   

Dodge ram 1500 4.7 liter 2003 problem to start cold temperature

| 
alain1 alain1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/05/12
08:09 PM

I change the computer, the trottle body, iac, still the same problem somebody can help me whit my problem Thanks Confused  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
10:56 PM

now that you have spent 5 or 600 bucks...

find the harbor freight store near you.. drop 130 bucks on a 98614 scan tool.. so you can see live data...  not the lessor expensive version from them...

plug it in.. get the codes.. actually you don't need it for codes.. but codes won't fix a cold start problem..

looking at the live data will..    knowing what the engine coolant temp sensor is reading when its cold.. is it accurate???

before yo do that..

climb under the truck.. while someone turns the key on.. do you hear the fuel pump run for 2 seconds when the key is first turned on before you crank the engine...???

can anybody hear the fuel pump running when you are cranking the engine..      do you have an amp meter .. 10 bucks plug in type at HF.. to see the amp draw of the fuel pump.. see if its actually working..

if you had a fuel injection fuel pressure tester. you could monitor the fuel pressure before you start the engine.. and when you first turn the key on.. and while cranking..

with a scan tool.. you can usually see all the sensors.. and also if you stick a battery into the scan tool.. do a recording and upload it to your PC and paste it here..

do one before you start the engine..   do one with the engine warmed up and idling.. and if it will do three.. one driving down the road.. at 25 or 35..  paste them here.. i will try to decode the possible problems..  i am fairly good at this..

there are a WHOLE lot of things to check..

you will need at least .. a digital volt meter..    10 to 20 bucks.. a scan tool.. 130 bucks.. a circuit tester.. good ones about 10 bucks.. a fuel injection pressure gauge.. 25 to 40 bucks usually sometimes more..    actually.. instead of a test light.. you might want a logic probe.. 15 bucks at HF..

i am not a HF spokesman.. but i know they have some of the tools at a low price..  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
10:58 PM

oh.. to just read the codes.. turn the key on 4 times with the last position ON in under 10 seconds.   you do not have to start the engine..  

any codes will flash on the Odometer display.. if its digital..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com