Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Item Posts   

96 Mitsubishi Galant help!

brematale111 brematale111
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/30/12
12:14 PM

My main problem with this car just started yesterday- I was driving home and pushed down on the gas when my engine just revved but the car didn't accelerate. This happened a couple of times, I get no acceleration but the engine is still revving and the RPMs are going up; I also noticed my odometer is slower to react now. I'm scared to drive it as this might happen again, could I be looking at an expensive fix?

Another problem I'm having happened a few days ago, I started up my car in the morning and got this weird tapping sound coming from the glovebox area- I popped my hood with the engine running and it is definitely not an engine problem, it is only coming from the inside of the car. I messed with all of my air settings and that didn't change anything...I've had my SRS light on since I bought the car but I don't see how that could be related?

Any help, especially pertaining to the first question, would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you!  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 823 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 04/30/12
02:29 PM

deselect the Overdrive button on the gear shift...

you probably have a transmission failure happening .. more to come when the transmission guys get a look at this thread..  

JohnThomson JohnThomson
New User | Posts: 35 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 05/03/12
07:13 AM

Most probably you have problem with your red line indicator on your tachometer which indicates the RMPs.And you should probably go to high gear.  
AC Compressor

Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories: