Xml
Item Posts   

96 Mitsubishi Galant help!

| 
brematale111 brematale111
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/30/12
11:14 AM

My main problem with this car just started yesterday- I was driving home and pushed down on the gas when my engine just revved but the car didn't accelerate. This happened a couple of times, I get no acceleration but the engine is still revving and the RPMs are going up; I also noticed my odometer is slower to react now. I'm scared to drive it as this might happen again, could I be looking at an expensive fix?

Another problem I'm having happened a few days ago, I started up my car in the morning and got this weird tapping sound coming from the glovebox area- I popped my hood with the engine running and it is definitely not an engine problem, it is only coming from the inside of the car. I messed with all of my air settings and that didn't change anything...I've had my SRS light on since I bought the car but I don't see how that could be related?

Any help, especially pertaining to the first question, would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you!  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 04/30/12
01:29 PM

deselect the Overdrive button on the gear shift...

you probably have a transmission failure happening .. more to come when the transmission guys get a look at this thread..  

JohnThomson JohnThomson
New User | Posts: 35 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 05/03/12
06:13 AM

Most probably you have problem with your red line indicator on your tachometer which indicates the RMPs.And you should probably go to high gear.  
AC Compressor

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2012 Mitsubishi Galant
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan
Rating:
Average Average

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com