Xml
Item Posts   

Grand Caravan High Pitched Noise

| 
crjunk crjunk
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/10/12
09:15 PM

I've got a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. When I've been driving for a little while, usually  at 60 mph or higher, the engine seems makes a high pitched whine. When I am stopped, this noise continues. Sometimes when making a turn, the whine will increase. After I have been driving at a lower speed for a little while, the noise usually goes away. Any idea what may be going on? Thanks! C.F.  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
10:46 PM

could it be the belt squealing???

could the power steering fluid be low.. or need the fluid changed the power steering fluid does need changing once in a great while...

depending on where the power steering fluid tank is..  

you can buy a 99 cent turkey baster and carefully use it to extract some of the power steering fluid..

refill the system..  start the engine and work the steering wheel from lock to lock.. shut it off..

extract more fluid..  as much as you can..   then refill with more fresh and again work the steering with the engine running..

its amazing what some fresh power steering fluid will do to the feel of the steering..  

you might also want to look and see if all the pulleys the belt drives around are perfectly lined up...

noises are hard to diagnose..   do you have a decent cell phone and can take a video of the sound and post it to youtube???

i cannot offer an Oscar for your short  film.. but if you get it fixed.. they have Oscar Meyer weiners at 7/11... with a car that works..   most 7/11's are accessible...  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
10:49 PM

there are also usually under 10 buck automotive stethoscopes that will let you pin point or isolate some sounds...

harbor freight stores have them for under 5 bucks..  AZ about 10...  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Minivan/Van
Rating:
Poor Poor

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com