Xml
Item Posts   

Rubber coming out backside of tire.

| 
ice4me ice4me
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 07/10/11
06:09 AM

I have no idea where or how it got like this. Does anyone have an idea? I was riding and started to here flat tire sound. Pulled over and it was flat. Filled up with air at a gas station to try to make it back home. I thought I had a hole that needed to be plugged. Took the tire off and saw that the air was coming from where that rubber is coming out the tire which is on the backside of the tire. I wanted to ask on here before I attempt to shove it back in with a screw driver or something which Im not sure if that will solve the problem. When I roll the tire it also sounds like something is rolling around in the tire. I guess thats not a big deal but is there something I can do with that rubber or should I take it to tire shop without messing with it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65039177@N07/5921653495/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65039177@N07/5922218140/  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
06:53 AM

it looks like the tire spun on the rim.. tearing the bead out...

the tire is more than likely junk... 99.9% chance of it being junk...

please have the shop examine the bead area of your wheel...  that its NOT damaged...

they will also want to check the wheel  edge  for cracks where it hit the ground..  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
06:54 AM

there will be more replies to come... do check back....  

CapriRacer CapriRacer
Enthusiast | Posts: 300 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 07/11/11
03:23 AM

I agree with wayne.  This looks like damage due to hitting an object, then running the tire flat.  There are likely pieces inside the tire.  Very likely the tire is toast.  The fact that there is a leak there is enough to say the tire should be replaced - it is NOT repairable.

But you need to have someone dismount the tire to verify.  

ice4me ice4me
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 07/11/11
05:04 AM

Thanks. I will be replacing the tire. The tire was bought about 5 months ago which wasnt to cheap. I try to be careful when I drive and if I hit something I probably would have remembered but I guess its still possible and I had my music up to loud or something and didnt hear when I hit.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com