Item Posts   

Question about Granada (tires)?

| 
TireN00b TireN00b
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 06/02/11
09:37 AM

Family member, who doesn't know much about tires bought a pair of:

Granada HP All Seasons Blackwall (I can give the size if need be).

I know a little bit about tires but admittedly, not a lot. Usually, if possible, I stick to brands I know (Goodyear, Yokohama, etc.).

Thing is, I've never heard of the "Granada" brand and doing a Google search for reviews finds me nothing. I'm not saying that's a bad thing as I do know there are a lot of smaller tire manufacturers out there that are not as notable (Federal comes to mind) which doesn't neccesarily mean they're "bad" just not as good, if that makes sense. Family member went to a large chain type of place and I'd assume they wouldn't sell too shoddy of products to keep their name (am I wrong?).

Anyway, are Granadas any good? Should they go back and get a more notable brand? Were we ripped off?  

jsmiller07 jsmiller07
Posted: 06/13/11
01:02 PM

HI,

My gf just got some on her rx7 and I was trying to research and could find nothing....hmmmm  

Gabriela Gabriela
Posted: 06/19/11
09:10 AM

Is what i am looking for!!!!!! Confused  

Eric Tierney Eric Tierney
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/11/13
11:18 PM

They are a private inhouse brand we got ours from les swabe here in the pacfic northwest I don't know if they are licensed to other dealers elsewhere couldn't find any reveiws also. we didn't pay for them the dealership we bought are car from did so i don't know mileage warrenty but looking at the dot ratings thread wear 360 (middle of the road) traction A (good) only AA higher tempeture A(best) by the way dot ratings are found on the sidewall of every tire legal to sell in the U.S. simple search for D.O.T tire ratings will give you a idea and knowlege  when buying your next set of tires. P.S. I'm a A.S.E certified auto tech for 22 years cutting my teeth busting tires right out of high school hope this helps. P.P.S just because it says made by Goodyear,etc doesn't mean its a good tire they all make these in house brands the D.O.t rating are set by the gov. not the tire maker so read the tires  

Carl McGhee Carl McGhee
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/14
Posted: 05/22/14
10:29 PM

I have a 2008 Toyota Camry XLE. not the quietest car on the road, not engine noise, road noise. Let me qualify this. I wear a hearing aid, hearing aids pick up low frequency noise very well. My Michelin's were not quite ready, but thinking new tires would run quieter I bought Granada touring HP. 215/65R16.
The noise is worse, and they follow groves in the road. We have a old metal draw bridge in our area, and the first time we went over it I thought something was wrong with the car the way it weaved. By the way, I know something about cars and tires from my years of drag racing, but evidently, not enough.  
My opinion is I don't like them. I have less than 10 K miles on them and I am going to get rid of them.
The thing that bugs me is I talked to them about the problem and specifically wanted a quite tire. I don't believe the people on the desk know any thing about the tires except size and price.  

Carl McGhee Carl McGhee
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/14
Posted: 05/22/14
10:29 PM

I have a 2008 Toyota Camry XLE. not the quietest car on the road, not engine noise, road noise. Let me qualify this. I wear a hearing aid, hearing aids pick up low frequency noise very well. My Michelin's were not quite ready, but thinking new tires would run quieter I bought Granada touring HP. 215/65R16.
The noise is worse, and they follow groves in the road. We have a old metal draw bridge in our area, and the first time we went over it I thought something was wrong with the car the way it weaved. By the way, I know something about cars and tires from my years of drag racing, but evidently, not enough.  
My opinion is I don't like them. I have less than 10 K miles on them and I am going to get rid of them.
The thing that bugs me is I talked to them about the problem and specifically wanted a quite tire. I don't believe the people on the desk know any thing about the tires except size and price.  

Hadi Golkarieh Hadi Golkarieh
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/14
Posted: 06/13/14
03:00 AM

https://www.canadawheels.ca/

You can check out the above link for discounted tires and wheels in Canada.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Toyota Camry
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan
Rating:
Excellent Excellent

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com