Xml
Item Posts   

4L60e Low line Pressure?

| 
oksenj oksenj
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/11
Posted: 04/02/11
06:29 AM

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra with a 4L60e that has over 200,000 miles and recently it has been acting funny. When I go to put it into D or OD it does not wat to go into gear unless I rev up the engine and of course it will bang into gear."Ouch" But if I pull it down to low and manual shift it throught the gears it will shift all gears. After I have manually shifted it through all the gears and I come back to a stop it will shift automatticly on its own with no need to manual shift. The first thing I did was to drop the pan and change oil and filter, but this did nothing to help the problem. The next thing I did was to hook up a pressure gauge to the main line pressure and at idle I am getting about 50-60psi and while driving I get from 90-110psi. Under hard throtle pressure the pressure climbs to about 175psi. Also when I first start the truck for about 2 seconds the pressure is about 75-80psi and then immediatly drops to the 50-60psi range. Can this be an EPC solinoid causing this problem?  Confused  

trannyguy trannyguy
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 04/11/11
08:54 PM

possibly EPC solenoid. probably a worn pump or pressure regulator valve in the pump.  

440t4 440t4
Guru | Posts: 1009 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/14/11
11:12 PM

Those pressures are slightly low but you probably have lots of internal wear.Instead of wasting money trying to patch it up your better off getting a quality overhaul.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2013 GMC Sierra
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Truck
Rating:
Average Average

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com