Xml
Item Posts   

Ignition Interlock installed on Prius

| 
Jayne Jayne
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 02/25/11
03:54 PM

Will having an ignition interlock installed on Prius cause any damage to my car?
From what I have read the interlock has no control over the operation of the vehicle once it is started. Can you explain to me how this will effect the Prius when the engine shut down at low speeds or stop lights?

Also when the Prius is not running no power is provided to the auxillary plug in..like the cigerette lighter (that's what we called it back in the day!) The ignition interlock apparently requires a constant power source.

I have searched for any reviews or comments and have not found any information.
So I am coming to the experts for advice. Confused
The installation will mustly occur Friday, March 4th.

Best Regards,
Jayne  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 02/25/11
06:56 PM

you might want to search out this google link....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1241&bih=1106&q=ignition%20interlock%20prius&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=fw

you might also want to contact toyota of north america....  as i am sure this problem has been encountered before...

and you will really need to contact the interlock manufacturers...  i would imagine that they have to test their product on oddball current cars... prior to approval to install it on that model....  

chick13 chick13
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 03/06/11
10:20 AM

I am an ignition interlock device (IID) installer/service provider. I represent  the major manufacture in three states, CA, AZ, and TX. and  I own a Prius, enough of the bonafides.
The installation is very simple. The Ignition and 12 V wires are under the dash on the left side and the starter, well you do not use a starter since the car will move in the electric mode before the engine is engaged. We interrupt the neutral safety switch, rendering the car immobile unless the person has passed the required breath test.

None of the installation will void the warrantee. I  have a IID in my car for demonstration purposes and have had it servicer by Escondido  Toyota where I purchased.
Any questions
Chick Richardson
www.advantageinterlock.com  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com