Xml
Item Posts   

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Automatic Transmission problems

| 
samsagaz samsagaz
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/10
Posted: 12/15/10
08:44 AM

Hi guys, im from Argentina, i purchased an used 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Automatic Transmission.
The problem that have this Jeep is that just work the 3rd shift. i goto an shop and put the Jeep into an computer and no fault found. WHen i turn the car on NO ERROR Light turn ON.

Please someone have the service manual? or something where i can start reading?

THanks in advance  

440t4 440t4
Guru | Posts: 1009 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 12/15/10
09:18 AM

Are you saying it shifts 1-2 and 2-3 but then wont shift to 4th? Or do you mean the trans is locked in 3rd?  

samsagaz samsagaz
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/10
Posted: 12/17/10
07:25 AM

Hi, Always locked in 3rd  

440t4 440t4
Guru | Posts: 1009 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 12/17/10
10:24 AM

What engine do you have?Im assuming you have a 4.0 .You said you are not getting any trouble codes right? Do you have access to a scanner that will allow you to monitor sensor data while driving? Most likely it is a problem with the governor pressure solinoid or sensor. Jts been my experience that a bad gov pressure solinoid will give you high gear starts and a bad gov pressure sensor will give you 1st gear starts but no upshifts. If you can read the data stream it should show you the desired gov pressure and the actual gov pressure. If these 2 are drastically different then you know the problem is in one of those two pieces  Of coarse the problem could be in the wiring for those parts also or even in the computer itself. check the data on the sensor and solinoid first and post what you find.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
Excellent Excellent

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com