First |  Prev |  5 |  6 |  7
Item Posts   

2011 Chevy Equinox - poor gas mileage

| 
waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 06/16/12
07:08 PM

this is more a question to GM programming techs..

i wonder if the issue with the reduced fuel economy is because of the drive by wire throttle blade response moderation..    drivers might be flooring the pedal in the car forcing the fuel control rich to build horsepower when the driver just wants quicker off the line with faster response from the throttle actuator..  

i don't expect a NON engineer to understand this.. as it is deep into the programming..

i was also thinking about wheel bearing resistance..

i have not had an equinox in my hands yet..  i ran across several later model cars with very TIGHT wheel bearing /hub assemblies..  tighter than i would believe could be on a car.. except when replacements arrived.. they had the same high break away torque and same high turning resistance..  

renaezws renaezws
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/19/12
08:09 AM

Hi!

I have just found this forum, so that is why the delayed response.

I have been saying this since I first bought my 2010 Equinox back in September 2009.  I was one of the first to own the new body style Equinox.  

Recently learned that the compressor is constantly on in this car.  No need to select AC to be on.  Dealer told me that was the norm for this car.  Perhaps this explains the poor gas mileage?

Anyone else experience this?  

waynep71222 waynep71222
Guru | Posts: 825 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 06/19/12
09:04 AM

renaezws    thank you ..  that is going to get a bunch of people looking under the hood.. that might explain it..

i wonder why the ac compressor would be on all the time..

a bad relay...  miswired...  programming error..

programming spite..

compressor clutch request is viewable on a professional scan tool..  

noneya noneya
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/25/13
11:06 AM

Actually it does not.  The 4 cylinder is paired with a Vaariable transmission that learns your driving habits and provides you with great gas mileage provided that you are not driving agressivly.  Also don't forget to use that ECO button all of the time as using the ECO button will provide you with the best possible gas mileage (not engine performance) possible. Laugh  

noneya noneya
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/25/13
11:09 AM

Two things...  Are you considering that your "average mileage" is a combo of highway and city dirving?  Also have you considered that you are now using more ethenol than in 2011?  If you reset your average mileage before going on a long trip (highway) you will see your gas mileage back up to where it is supposed to be provided you are not driving at 80 mph... Remember ALL sticker advertised gas mileage is rated at 55 mph..  

wayne712222 wayne712222
Guru | Posts: 1857 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 02/25/14
12:42 AM

update.. just had a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox come by.. check engine light on.. small leak in the vapor like a P0412 something like that.. but i spent a few minutes looking thru the live data stream..

i spotted a few things. this truck only has 6000 miles on it..

at idle.. the MAF reading is 0.01  rev the engine to 2500.. the MAF reading is 0.02..

this explains the +20% short term fuel trim..

they were not here for long enough for me to have a look deeper and this is still covered under warrantee so i could not touch it..

i really wanted to dig into the MAF sensor.. i will have to wait..

i just thought i would share.. a possible cause of the low fuel economy.. that people have seemed to stop complaining about..

hello.. what happened.. did GM reflash the computers and cure the AC Running all the time issue..

worse.. i got distracted and did not record the data stream..  will it come back after its been fixed?????????????  for another look.. ?  

Dave Paxton Dave Paxton
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/14
Posted: 12/04/14
06:39 AM

I have the exact same numbers as you,I wish gm would make it right.My gmc canyon gets that mileage.Iam in for some action

Dave p.  

Dave Paxton Dave Paxton
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/14
Posted: 12/04/14
06:39 AM

I have the exact same numbers as you,I wish gm would make it right.My gmc canyon gets that mileage.Iam in for some action

Dave p.  

First |  Prev |  5 |  6 |  7
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Chevrolet Equinox
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
N

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links