Xml
Item Posts   

lincoln navigator turning off while running

| 
demarco2000 demarco2000
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/22/10
11:00 PM

I have a 1999 lincoln navigator and i have been having problem with it while driving it, all the sudden it dies on me.  i have a hard time turning it back on sometimes.  I have been having this problem for about 2 yrs and now its doing it more often.  also everytime i drive it and shut it off it takes a while to turn on.  i have done all kinds of repairs to it and nothing works.  does anyone have suggestions  

yaoming600 yaoming600
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/23/10
04:28 AM

www.guccichinastore.com  
cheapest AC Milan 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest AC Milan 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Arsenal 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Arsenal 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Barcelona 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Barcelona 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Chelsea 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Chelsea 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Inter Milan 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest cheapest Inter Milan 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Juventus 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Juventus 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Liverpool 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Liverpool 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Manchester United 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Manchester United 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Real Madrid 2010-11 Away Soccer Jersey wholesale
cheapest Real Madrid 2010-11 Home Soccer Jersey wholesale
web site: http://www.guccichinastore.com  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
07:44 AM

there have been other reported problems with these..  a few other things...

does it stall out while you have your foot on the gas pedal and driving or while you are breaking or stopped ???????

fuel levels below a quarter tank...  stalling problems have been reported..  this is probably do to the fuel pump being uncovered when the fuel sloshes away from the fuel pump strainer.. causing a drop in fuel pressure... this will also damage the fuel pump as it spins faster when trying to pump air...

there have also been problems with the PCV hose that is  hidden under the plastic cover on top of the motor..  the hose collapses and holes are pulled in it.. causing a massive vacuum leak..

there have also been problems for years with the idle air control valves sticking..   these are a linear motor.. the computer changes the amount of voltage sent to this valve and it varies the amount of air bypassed to maintain idle speed... carbon buildup and internal electrical failure..   they are easy to change...

one will probably also need to clean the throttle body bore ...  the throttle blade is NOT totally closed... it only looks that way... there is a slight gap around it.. allowing some airflow past... preventing it from sticking in the bore when you open the throttle..    what happens..  the sticky carbon that builds up in the intake manifold builds up around the throttle blade and in the bore surrounding the throttle blade... this reduces the amount of air flowing around the throttle blade when its closed..     some ford throttle bores are lined with a non stick coating.. so you might be able to wipe the carbon off with a paper towel...    i normally use brake cleaner sprayed on a shop rag to wipe the bore... but it can damage the non stick coating..    

this truck has an  OBD2 emission system so with a proper scan tool, a shop manual and some time you can examine the live data stream to see if the sensors are putting out the proper signals...

there are also tools that plug into the fuse box.. that might be able to be used to monitor the fuel pump current draw... see if the fuel pump is causing the problem...  

i will check around and see if i can find more info...    

do reply to this and i will check farther..  and reply with the info if it stalls at idle.. or stalls while rolling down the road under power...  or driving up or down hills with low fuel levels in the tank....

perhaps a list of things you have already had replaced... that could also help....   more info is better...

and if not.. perhaps.. some tennis shoes???  

demarco2000 demarco2000
08:16 AM

the couple of times that had stalled was i was stopped at a light and all the sudden it shut down and the battery light comes on.  the other time i was coming to a stop sign with people in front of me and while driving it stopped.  i also have problems with it when i go somewhere and turn it of, it never starts right away.  it usually takes about 5 minutes and it will start AGAIN.  sometimes if i try to much to start it, the battery dies and i have to jump start it.  i have put in a new fuel pump and fuel filter and changed the the crank sensor  

waynep7122 waynep7122
09:15 AM

change the idle air control valve...  its easy to ***   use a 5/16 or 8MM socket... after you get the upper cover off

make sure that you put the new one on in the same direction as the old one was installed.. i have found them backwards on other models...

you will have to start the motor the first time with your foot on the throttle...  keep the RPMs stable at a fast idle for 30 seconds.. then slowly... take another 20 to 30 seconds to back off the throttle a tiny bit at a time back to idle...

this will let the computer learn the new position of the idle air control valve..

when coming to a stop... the engine returns to idle speed..   with the idle air control valve failing or sticking... the engine will die ...  

demarco2000 demarco2000
10:05 AM

i will try this .  its really frustraded cause i have tried so many things and have spent so much money every month.  yesterday in fact i was with my 3 kids in the car going to a halloween party and it died on me and we had to walk home in rain.  lucky i wasnt too far from the house.  i had someone help me push it to the side . thanks again for your help lizandra . i will let you know if that works.  taking it to the mechanic today  

waynep7122 waynep7122
11:41 AM

when this problem exists... you can normally get the car to start by depressing the gas pedal while cranking..  just slightly..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Lincoln Navigator
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
N

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com