Xml
Item Posts   

1995 Cadillac SLS Temperature issue

| 
UnkleV77 UnkleV77
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/30/10
12:30 PM

I have a 95 SLS with the 4.6 V8 Northstar and when I purchased the car the temperature would easily rise to around 223 degrees. I have recently performed a radiator flush and changed the thermostat and even added GM coolant pellets as recommended. Now my radiator temperature reads 207-210 in idle, 194-201 driving. I know that's fantastic but both my cooling fans are constantly running and they blow what feels to me like excessive HEAT? What would you recommend the issue be?

Please respond to this or UNKLEV77@AOL.com  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 07/30/10
02:49 PM

hold down the off and warmer buttons on the ac control board.. do this with 2 fingers at the same time.. all the dash light segments will light up.. then one of the displays will start flashing codes... write them all down...

post them...  the cooling fans are totally controlled by the BCM ... there is a cooling fan module up front to power them and translate the signals from the ECM or BCM...

any chance that one of the sensors got left off??

if the off and warmer buttons don't turn on ALL the digital display segments.. you will need a scan tool to diagnose it..

there are at least 2 different temp switches... one with 2 wires for the ecm.. one with one wire for the gauge..

i will have to check farther.. i don't have any cad northstar manuals infront of me..

codes.. please...

oh..

eautorepair.net

alldatadiy.com

both of the above will have the cooling fan diagnostic pages that you are going to need...

if the off and warmer switch lights up the dash board.. cads prior to 96 had a build in scan tool...  

UnkleV77 UnkleV77
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 08/03/10
06:09 AM

I apologize, I know that the way the question was worded made it appear that I was concerned about the fans running constantly? I am not concerned about that, I'm worried about the "Excessive Heat" that is blowing from the car when the radiator temperature is reading that it's OK (btwn 200-210)? I have done the self diagnostic test before and PCM codes that are unrelated to the cooling system appear, such as Ride Control sensor issues, etc.

But I do appreciate your response sir, your advise will be highly taken in the future. THANKS  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com