Xml
Item Posts   

1998 olds aurora lights blinking

| 
2004yellowgto 2004yellowgto
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/24/10
06:23 PM

My wife just bought this Aurora 4.0 v8 about two month ago,it is in GREAT shape,the problem I'm having with this car now is the lights keep flashing after the car is turned off.I thought I found the problem,it being the head light module well I found one at a junk yard plug it in and got the same thing blinking lights.When I unplug it I get no blinking and no head lights,tail lights,dash lights  Confused So any ideas would a big help THANKS SO MUCH.  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 07/24/10
08:09 PM

there might also be a security light on the dash board.. does it blink when the exterior lights are flashing???  

Posted: 07/31/10
07:16 PM

No there is no display in the middle of this dash!!!!!  

Posted: 08/01/10
04:16 PM

I did not looked to see if it was, I will plug the headlight module back in and see thanks.  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/02/10
08:12 AM

that would indicate the onboard alarm system has grabbed control of the system..

i don't have any info on the built in alarm systems.. its kinda out of my field...

it will take a factory service manual.. or access to electronic versions... online...

gm keeps the alarm system info close to their chest..

i still would think that the drivers door lock switch might be a problem.. if there is one.. as that might be used to activate the onboard alarm... but it could also be a problem with the key fob or what it controls...

eautorepair.net

or

alldatadiy.com

will both have online access to the factory repair info...

plugging in a scan tool will let you know if the onboard alarm system is currently on...  

cherylchristine33 cherylchristine33
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 05/14/12
12:34 AM

My kind advice is to try it with high quality HID bulbs. Make a try with sparkhid. They have high quality HID bulbs with reasonable rate. Make a try.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com