Xml
Item Posts   

1999 Jeep Cherokee Stalling problem

| 
gstuartw gstuartw
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 06/28/10
09:09 AM

My 99 Cherokee keeps stalling out. I will drive a mile or so then it will just die. I still have power to the radio and lights but everything else just stops. Most of the time it just starts back up but the last few times it takes about 10 minutes to start again. I lose all steering controls of it when it dies. Anyone know what may be wrong? Alternator?  

wckelly wckelly
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/11/10
07:07 PM

I am having the same problem with MY 99 Cherokee sport.  It stalled on me two weeks ago and i did manage to get it started in about 10 minutes. I took it to my mechanic, he drove it around for about 4 days and it didn't stall. (typical)  
I got it back and drove it around for about 100 miles with no problems then it stalled on me.  It started right up.  Before this all started my gages were going crazy.  I pulled my cluster gage, blew out the connectors and that seemed to solve the gage problem.
A friend of mine who was a mechanic suggested it might be the ignition module.
Sorry i don't have a solution but i figured if i added some more information someone could narrow it down for us.  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 07/11/10
08:08 PM

gstuartw gstuartw
Posted: 08/08/10
06:20 PM

We replaced the Fuel pump relay today and it started right up. We let it run for about 30 minutes and then started to drive into town. It then died (right in front of the sewer plant) we had it pulled back to the house and we are stumped. We believe it is something electrical kicking out the relay. The relay is getting pretty hot. And it drained the battery after trying to restart it 3 times. Completely dead.

Any thoughts or ideas?  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/08/10
09:47 PM

gstuartw gstuartw
Posted: 09/02/10
01:19 PM

After doing all I can I took it to a buddy that owns a shop. He has had it for 3 weeks and is replacing the ECM tomorrow. I am just waiting for the bill.  

ghighi24 ghighi24
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/17/10
07:47 PM

My jeep stalls in reverse, and the mechanic has no idea why it only stalls in reverse?
So he is just trying things, any suggestions?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2015 Jeep Cherokee
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
N

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com