Xml
Item Posts   

Nissan Maxima Transmission shifting problems

| 
layres layres
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/30/10
02:58 PM

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima which I bought new.  It has been a good car with very few problems.  I have almost 150k miles and am having some intermittent shifting problems.  The problems started with a cracked radiator a couple of months ago.  I was stuck in traffic and did not realize the water was low.  The car started to overheat.  I turned the ac off, and put it in neutral to let it cool off, but the transmission would not shift out of low gear until the car cooled a bit.  I had the radiator replaced and thought all was well, until the transmission started doing the same thing after taking start/stop trips.  It will run fine all day down the interstate, but it's those stopping/starting trips that cause the problem.  The diagnostics do not show anything except an O2 sensor problem.  I had the transmission serviced a little over a year ago.  Anyone had a similar problem?  

440t4 440t4
Guru | Posts: 1009 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 06/01/10
06:20 PM

First are you sure its low gear? The computer can lock the car in gear if it senses a problem but on the maxima it would be 2nd i think.If you shut the car off and restart it does it shift again? If you know anyone with a scanner drive the car with the scanner in data mode.Monitor all the data from the trans and see if the computer is commanding the upshifts.  

firefaxbird firefaxbird
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/26/10
10:51 PM

Got it.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Nissan Maxima
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan
Rating: