Xml
Item Posts   

P0715 ? Turbine/Input Shaft Speed Sensor A Circuit P0730D ? Gear Rati

| 
98integra9 98integra9
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/30/10
04:30 PM

I have a 98 Acura Integra LS automatic displaying its check engine light, (different engine put in) which reads two codes.
P0715 – Turbine/Input Shaft Speed Sensor A Circuit
P0730D – Gear Ratio Incorrect
Car shifts hard from both 1-2, and from 2-3, with a noticeable delay. Unless it’s been warming up for a significant period of time
Assuming the gear ratio code is triggered by the sensor, and in an attempt to replace the damaged sensor(s) two were tested. Both the mainshaft and countershaft
resistance tested “444” for countershaft and I’m not entirely 100% certain on the mainshaft, but I think it was 480 something, which I was told by the mechanic would be enough to trigger the code, but then I came across a flowchart which read that normal range in anywhere between 400-600
Any other sensor it could possibly be to check, or is this a huge scary transmission failure?  

440t4 440t4
Guru | Posts: 1009 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 03/31/10
09:52 AM

you said it has a different engine.   did this problem occur immediatly after the change?  

98integra9 98integra9
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/31/10
01:59 PM

Before.  

Turbo Buick Turbo Buick
User | Posts: 146 | Joined: 11/05
Posted: 04/02/10
07:01 AM

I worked on a Honda CR-V a couple of weeks ago. It was setting these same codes. The linear shift solenoid was bad. The computer would command the shift but since the solenoid was sticking, the shift wouldn't happen. The ECU would set gear ratio codes and turbine codes because it was seeing the incorrect signals for the gear being commanded. Hope this helps.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com