Xml
Item Posts   

LS460 Speedometer/Odometer Errors....

| 
chickbear chickbear
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/11/10
12:29 PM

Anyone out there noticing Speedometer errors with their LS460?  Mine is @ 10% off... The dealer checked the wheel sensors and the transmission shaft sensor and they are within 1 mph of each other...The computor takes those and using a software program, calculates distance traveled and MPH for the speedometer....ALL BY WIRE...NO CABLES... Mine registers MORE MPH than acual....30,I'm doing 27...65, I'm doing 59...Etc. Speed and distance checks on coast to coast trips show this error...
Lexus Customer Care said this could be a SAFETY FACTOR to prevent speeding tickets....
If my odometer reads 50,000 miles, I will have gone only 45,000  and still be under the bumper to bumper....
Is this a way for Toyota to get out of paying if something brakes???  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 02/11/10
10:25 PM

there was some stuff about odometers a few years ago...  but i missed that..

you might want to really invest in a GPS with a windshield mount for the lower left corner of the glass..  

SCRATCH your name and cars VIN number clearly on it.. and drive by that... so you don't get speeding tickets..   some units log where you have been and how fast you go..

you also might contact consumer reports... see if they have had issues with odometer and speedo readings ...    they have the testing equipment to do it also..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com