Xml
Item Posts   

2002 Ford Focus Oil Sending Unit

| 
blau blau
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/01/10
02:26 PM

I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5.  I just replaced my oil pressure sending unit.  My Haynes manual said to tighten it until snug.  I did that but the nut part of the unit isn't flush with the block.  It's probably about 3 or 4mm away from the block. Is it in all the way?  The manual said to use a "suitable sealant".  The guys at Kragen told me to use teflon tape.  Could too much tape be the problem?

Thanks for the help in advance!  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 03/02/10
01:04 AM

i took at look at this one

http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/wl2/PS406/image/8/

it looks that you have done it right..

one thing...  does the light come on when you turn the key before you start the motor?????

/ or does the gauge stay at 0.. until the engine starts.. then the gauge moves to its normal place..

too much teflon tape...  and the sender stays isolated.. never making a good ground to complete the circuit...

warning.. if you overtighten these tapered threads.. you can crack things.. like the block or head...  

blau blau
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/03/10
01:07 AM

The oil light does come on before I start the engine.  There is no gauge though.  The only gauges on my dash are the thermostat, tachometer, speedometer and gas gauge.

I saw a warning on another forum that said not to over tighten because apparently these things are prone to braking off between the threads and nut as well.  That's why I'm hesitant to go any farther.  I don't want it to fall out or leak oil either.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Ford Focus
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan, Hatchback
Rating:
Average Average

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com