Ad Radar

Automotive Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Home | Active Posts | Search | Log In / Register | Terms | FAQs
Xml
Item Posts   

Anyone with unintended acceleration problems with their Scion?

| 
jaybee. jaybee.
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/04/10
07:49 AM

I have a 2006 XB and last year it had the sudden acceleration problems?  Called Toyota hotline and NTSA and they said if others call ... then maybe they would consider looking in the Scion for Problems.   If you have had problems call them... the numbers are in the back of your manual or I'd be happy to provide it...  We need to speak out...  

06bimm3r 06bimm3r
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/04/10
08:59 AM

Your problem's all over the place, while I don't believe your car is on the recall list, toyota is recalling millions of cars with the same issue you had. good luck  

jeni jeni
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/15/10
08:45 AM

Yes i have had the exact same problem and i drive a 2006 XB.  This actually happened about this time last year before any of these reports started coming out.  i was on the highway doing about 70 when it shot up to 80 and my brakes locked up.  i pounded on the brakes for what seemed like forever and was about to throw the car in neutral when the brakes finally kicked in.  i got off the highway, called AAA, had them tow my car to toyota where they looked at it for a day and a half and of course found nothing wrong.  i recently went back after all of the reports and big media frenzy and they told me because Scion wasn't on the list they could do nothing.  i told them that since this had already HAPPENED to my car they should be a little more concerned with me but they're not.  they gave me some 1800 number to call which i did, to file a complaint.  i still drive the car and looked up the value about 3 months ago then again the other week and the resell value has dropped.  

if i were you i would file as many complaints as possible.  have a good enough papertrail that if something were to happen again, (which i hope not) you can seek damages.  these people have no idea how it feels to be driving a car that you cant stop.  

honky-tonk honky-tonk
New User | Posts: 26 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 03/19/10
12:35 PM

Haven't had this problem (yet), but good to be aware all the same. Hopefully Scion can figure it out. (FYI, I drive an '09 Scion xB.)  
-------------------
looking for: scion xB accessories, recommendations appreciated

bear1234 bear1234
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 04/12/10
07:35 PM

I have the same problem with mine. Accelerated twice and the dealer said there was nothing wrong.
Could I have this number? You know, this could be an electrical problem because my car's security system goes haywire whenever it wants and now my car is dead its not the battery because i have a new one.
What have you done about this? Is it a good idea to get a lawyer involved?
Bear  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 04/12/10
08:04 PM

scion owners with problems...

fill out this form...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/index.cfm

if you have a mac..  use firefox... safari and google chrome don't work yet...

i called them... they are awaiting your complaints..   you are not going to believe the results you get this time...  

its going to be speedy.....  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com