Xml
Item Posts   

Dodge Stratus 2004 4 Door Jerk at 30 mph when Decelerating

| 
fanchynay fanchynay
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/17/10
10:34 PM

I recently got a problem on my Dodge Stratus 2004. The car suddenly jerks once the speed *decelerate* to 30 mph. The jerk is like a shock and feels like a sudden brake. It is the lightest if you let the car decelerate naturally but get very obvious and serious when I tap the brake paddle or when the car is climbing up. Anybody know any clues?  

Turbo Buick Turbo Buick
User | Posts: 146 | Joined: 11/05
Posted: 01/18/10
08:16 PM

Take it to the dealer and have them "reflash" or "reprogram" the transmission control module. Sounds like a coastdown shift problem in the transmission which is caused by an error in the computers shift strategy.  

kjharley kjharley
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/26/10
08:25 PM

I was wondering if you had any success at getting your situation resolved, as I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus that just started doing the same thing.  I had a mechanic check it out and did a diagnostic test which disclosed a text service code of 944, which apparently pertains to the front pump, which intails getting involved into the transmission. But apparently there had been something posted on some board site with regards to this, that it has become a problem within our vehicle.  I was hoping maybe to get some good news from you that getting the transmission control module "reflashed" or "reprogrammed" worked.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com