First |  Prev |  1 |  2 |  3
Item Posts   

2004 Chevy Silverado brakes

| 
k3mm k3mm
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/02/10
08:00 PM

I feel your pain!  I like to put a little anti-seize grease on the hub where it mates the rotor and wheel.  It keeps the rust away and makes it easy to separate components later.  Take your time getting the old ones off.  It's probably easy to damage a wheel bearing if you have to hit it too hard!  

pauldustin10 pauldustin10
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 12/10
Posted: 12/01/10
09:45 AM

I think due to junk metals so check those once.

Cheap Car Parts  

jackcutlass jackcutlass
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 03/20/11
07:50 PM

I see this is an older thread but I wonder has anybody had luck finding a good aftermarket pad and rotor for front and rear. I have a 2002 2500hd crew cab with 43000 miles I am the origianl owner this is the first time I am putting brakes on this truck. There is rust all over the rotors there was still plenty of pad in the front but I want to do all four any way. I do live in pennsylvania I also worked in gm. dealerships for twenty years and have been out of the business for about three. This for sure all the rusting of heat shields, brake and fuel lines, rotors and frames was noticed when pendot started spraying salt brine on our highways. Thanks in advance  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 03/20/11
09:25 PM

thats an interesting idea.....

i wonder how the sub zero rotors hold up to corrosion...   they are processed in liquid nitrogen to change the internal structure or the iron to prevent and reduce warping...   i wonder what it does for corrosion prevention..

there are several prebent brake line manufacturers who sell the brake and fuel lines in bent stainless....

there are also HIGH temp spray paints from several manufacturers that might extend life of the brake components..  when applied to new parts..

http://www.vhtpaint.com/flameproof.html

VHT FLAMEPROOF™ COATING
VHT FlameProof™ Coating will renew and extend the life of any surface exposed to extremely high temperatures. This unique coating is a matte finish, silicone ceramic base widely used by the automotive industry on exhaust systems and the aerospace industry for jet engines, re-entry vehicles and other high temperature applications. VHT FlameProof™ Coating will withstand temperatures up to 2000°F (1093°C) and is ideal for use on headers, exhaust systems, or wherever an extreme temperature coating is needed.
Temperature: 1300°F-2000°F (704°C-1093°C)
Applications: Headers, Exhaust Manifolds, Piston Domes, Inside Heads
Finish: Flat
Dry Time: Curing time required and can be done on or off vehicle (see below)
Curing FlameProof™
VHT FlameProof™ Coating only attains its unique properties after correct curing (refer to instructions on the can).
On the Vehicle
-1. Paint must be completely dry before curing
-1. Run at idle for 10 minutes
-1. Cool for 20 minutes
-1. Run at idle for 20 minutes
-1. Cool for 20 minutes
-1. Run under normal operating conditions for 30 minutes
Off the Vehicle
-1. Paint must be completely dry before curing
-1. Heat to 250°F (121°C) for 30 minutes
-1. Cool for 30 minutes
-1. Heat to 400°F (204°C) for 30 minutes
-1. Cool for 30 minutes
-1. Heat to 650°F (343°C ) for 30 minutes
Caution: Do not exceed the temperature of the least heat tolerant component or the base metal
Coating System
VHT provides a multi-high performance coating system for the ultimate in protection and quality. The system includes surface preparation, primer, paint and clear coat.

http://www.vhtpaint.com/caliperpaint.html

http://www.vhtpaint.com/engineenamel.html

there are also places that do spray metals... think of the bronzed baby shoes...  having the rotors coated with a sprayed on thin metal.. might work the best..    might actually have better thermal conductivity... as the rotors need to transfer heat to the airflow through the rotor ... i don't need to explain this to you..  

jackcutlass jackcutlass
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 03/21/11
07:04 PM

pathetic loser nothing better to do ha ha ha ha  

shay_luedeke shay_luedeke
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/14
Posted: 01/14/14
03:57 PM

In 2004 I bought a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab.  It had 30 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.  Here it is almost 10 years later and 184,000 miles and I am finally going to have to replace my brake pads.  Yes, it has nearly 200k miles on the original brakes.   My rotors look perfect also.   Only problem I think I'll have is the shop doing the replacement tells me I will never get another set of pads that will last as long as the original pads.  Bummer.  

First |  Prev |  1 |  2 |  3
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com