Xml
Item Posts   

Toyo Tire Problem

| 
pucksterMA pucksterMA
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/10/09
06:20 AM

I've had more than one set of Toyos where the tread scalloped.  The techs could not explain why this happened.  Can anyone out there explain why- and if this is particular to Toyo?  

waynep712 waynep712
Enthusiast | Posts: 652 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 06/10/09
10:00 PM

failure to rotate them often enough...

worn shocks... or incorrect shock valving for the application..

wheels out of alignment...

worn suspension bushing or ball joints...

i have seen a few cars...   that had broken suspension and frame members that would cause this problem also...

find a good frame shop...   ask them for an estimate... most of the frame techs know more about car suspension than run of the mill wheel alignment guys...  

dkatnik dkatnik
User | Posts: 74 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 07/09/09
08:50 AM

"A tire that rolls flat will tend to wear flat".  What this means is there is somthing going on with the vehicle that is not allowing the tire to sit square to the pavement as it rolls down the highway. Any on of a dozen things can cause this as pointed out in the previous post.  Depending on your situation it may be more cost effective to rotate the tires in such a way as to reverse the direction of rotation of the affected tires.  Also, be aware that certain tread designs are more prone to develop this type of wear than others.  If you are unhappy with the performance of the current model of tire then you may want to consult with a local tire professional for his recomendation based on your specific vehicle and geographic region.  

xjudyxx xjudyxx
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/29/09
09:55 PM

I only have 30000 miles on my 2006 toyota matrix and was just told I need a new set of tires. I read here on the forum about many people having the same problem with cupping. this tells me and should tell TOYOTA that there is a problem with the vehicle and they should make good on this. With economics the way they are who can afford to put new tires on every 20 - 30 thousand miles. Anyone know a good lawyer for a class action suit?  

CapriRacer CapriRacer
Enthusiast | Posts: 287 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 08/30/09
06:08 AM

Class action lawsuit?  You may want to read up in other threads about the result of those.

My take?  They seem to only benefit the lawyers.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com