Item Posts   

BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A vs. BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour

| 
HOTrisingsun HOTrisingsun
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/06/09
03:26 PM

Hello All
    I have a '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4wd and I went to a tire shop to have a new BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A (P225 75 R16) put on, and instead the mechanic put on a BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour (P225 75 R16)saying the radial long trail is discontinued.  My question is, is it okay to run 3 Radial Long Trails and 1 Long Trail T/A Tour.  Will this affect the differential?  Any help or advice would be much appreciated.  Also, I went to the manufacture's website and found the following differences between the two tires (all other measurements and ratings were the same)

Radial Long Trail
Sidewall - BSW
Overall Diameter - 29.6
Tread Depth in 32nds - 13
Max Load lbs. @ psi 1804@35

Long Trail T/A Tour
Sidewall - ORWL
Overall Diamter - 29.29
Tread Depth in 32nds - 12
Max Load lbs. @ psi 1904@50

Thanks!  

dkatnik dkatnik
User | Posts: 74 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 07/09/09
08:24 AM

You have just found out why tire manufacturers recomend replacing tires in sets of (4).  Even when replacing a discontinued item with the manufacturers suggusted replacement item there are quite often slight variations in size, performance capability etc.. Your having an AWD/4X4 makes this an all important detail to pay attention to.  Dont know why you replaced only (1) to begin with but you would be wise  to replace the other (3) as soon as possible.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV
Rating:
Excellent Excellent

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com