Xml
Item Posts   

4L60E Transmission Slipping

| 
Matheyst Matheyst
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/24/09
07:14 PM

I have a 1995 GMC 1500 with a 4L60E transmission.  The trany has recently started slipping pretty badly.  It slipped the most when first accelerating and also when the cruise is set, you can feel the tranny slipping like it can't find the right gear.  I was wondering if this is a torque converter problem or tranny problem.  I was also wondering if it is the bands that are slipping can they be adjusted? Thanks.  

chefbutthead chefbutthead
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/07/09
02:30 PM

If the your trans slips and the motor revs for over 15 seconds, your trans is done.
Have you tried using the tow haul setting?
My 01 Chevy Silverado 1500 would work if it was in tow haul, but started getting worse through time.
I eventually had to rebuild it after I lost overdrive and third gear.
Right now, I am dealing with a trans stuck in safe mode.
This is the reason I am here.
If your truck has the tow haul setting, try that.
Also, how often do you change your fluid?
I use Amsoil fluid. It goes longer between changes and it doesn't let the trans wear out so quickly.
I hope this helps.  

vager vager
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/15/09
10:55 PM

I have an toyota matrix 06 5 speed 23,000 miles under warranty I had problems shifting took car in dealership lastyear. They said nothing wrong with it. March 14th, 2009. while going to work @ 6:45 am on the freeway ramp my car stop moving ,only revving. I'm wondering if anyone had any similar problems, everyone is suprised about that happening to a toyota with low miles. no racing,no modifing,no overhauling, and I took my foot off choke after shifting  

melka66 melka66
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/01/09
07:34 AM

I have a 2003 Matrix and have been having trouble shifting from 1st into 2nd for about a year. When I took it in they said they did not have any problem. I am now finding my transmission is slipping and I have seen other forums where alot of Matrix owners where experiencing problems. I would be interested to know the outcome of your problem.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com