Xml
Item Posts   

BMW's and flat tires

| 
pkjackson pkjackson
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/17/09
12:27 PM

I have a 2003 BMW 325 convertible, with sport package.  In the last five years, I have had four blow-outs -- all on the right rear side.  The first was at 4000 miles.  The last one didn't blow-out, but the band around the tire broke.  The dealer insists that it is all normal, but in many years of driving these are the only blow-outs I have ever encountered.  Has anyone else had this problem with the BMW 325?  

dkatnik dkatnik
User | Posts: 74 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 03/13/09
02:26 PM

"blow outs" are usually the end result of a tire loosing air to the point of overheating and ultimatly failing.  The right rear has always been the location on the car with the highest frequency of repair.  Right side of the road collects all the debris, the right front runs over an object and stands it on end just waiting for the rear tire to follow. Object punctures tire, tire looses air and you know the rest of the story.  As far as "the band around the tire broke" I'm not sure what that even means.  At any event, nothing to do with the car....but the roads it travels down is another story.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com