Xml
Item Posts   

5.7 Vortec Fuel Pressure Regulator

| 
tpeskey tpeskey
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/20/09
06:52 PM

Have 1998 5.7 Vortec in a K2500 Pickup.. Trying to change the fuel press regulator

I have the Plenum almost off the intake

I cannot get the fuel lines to detach from the fuel metering body

DO I need a special tool?  

larrykent1 larrykent1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/11/10
12:34 PM

no,just take 2 nuts off and pull up while tapping down on plenum  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 06/11/10
06:49 PM

this is a long dead thread...

i just did one of these...

the fuel lines that run from the back of the block  are fastened down... there is a bolt between the lines where they go over the back of the motor.. you will have to scrape away the dirt that collects there.. i seem to recall that the bolt had a 13 mm head...  

you will also need to remove the fuel lines from the fuel rail...   i  seem to recall the line nuts were 15MM...
a really stubby wrench will really help here..  there is not much room....

be sure to pick up new large and small fuel line orings.. they usually come in the upper plenum kit..

warning... when taking off the tiny nuts that hold the fuel line into the top.. don't loose them... when pulling the fuel rails up from the center block.. there are spacers on the fuel lines and SILICONE Orings under them..  try not to loose them...  the O rings that come with the plenum gasket will not fit these silicone  o ring positions..

as long as you keep the spacers pushed down.. you will be OK....

if the spacers slide up.. or you tear the Orings that are hidden under them...   a dorman #90000 fuel injector seal kit is the best option..  DO NOT ACCEPT AN OPEN PACKAGE.. i needed the large and small silicone oring for one job.. i had to go to 3 different parts store to find a single one that had not been opened and the silicone orings removed..  they are not black... transparent natural sort of color.. sometimes yellowish..

i went to a gm dealership... and left without the seals.. telling me they only came with the tube assy.. and there are NO more available. ( i think that dealer needs new parts guys) . delco does have them in delco #217-451  this is the seal kit for the entire spider injectors block assy..

when installing this stainless fuel line assy...  after you get the front pushed in..  before bolting the back down tight.. you might want to see if you can start the fuel lines into the stainless steel fuel line assy.. its a PIA.. but it has to be done right...  laying over the top of the motor  

Cuprone Cuprone
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/28/10
11:34 AM

I have a 2000 - Tahoe 5.7 ( throttle body ) not injected-- it won't hold fuel pressure, turn key on it hits 65 pounds , then drops to zero. The pressure regulator, i bought on line ? i can not locate ? . I followed the lines to the top rear of intake , to a black platic box ? Can someone please assist on problem and or location of FPR  Thank you  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Addict | Posts: 4561 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 06/28/10
02:00 PM

Cuprone

first .. i would like you to examine the fuel pump and fuel pump relay operation...    the fuel pump relay is in the relay box next to the master cylinder...  

you will have to copy and paste these links to view them..

here is the fuel metering body.. the fuel pressure regulator is on the front..

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/08/f2/4a/large/0900c1528008f24a.gif

what you see is under the upper parts of this..

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/08/f2/45/medium/0900c1528008f245.gif

you do not have to remove the lower intake... but you might want to do it to replace the intake manifold gaskets.. as they tend to leak do to a poor design.. most have been changed and your 2000 probably already has the better design..

you also have to get the fuel supply pipes off... without loosing the spacers and silicone orings that are in the fuel meter body...

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/08/f2/55/medium/0900c1528008f255.gif  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide2
Get a free and easy new car
price quote in minutes
Button Getmyprice

Research Categories:

Sponsored Links

• Trade-in-Value.com